PDA

View Full Version : Done buyin Guitars

Mark
August 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Well I I think I've covered all the bases tonewise I could ever wanna get. Just picked up my ES-335 Dot RI today. Unbelieveably sweet sounding guitar. This is my first Gibson. Always wanted one and finally after 51 years I got it! Out of the five that I played this one was the baby extremely nice workmanship I did have to go through and set it up action and intonation and now it is bleedin perfect.

Pic Link>>>>>http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/?action=view&current=Guitars.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

warren0728
August 5th, 2006, 07:46 PM
naw...you still need a tele and a les paul! :D

Mark
August 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Since you mention it......Hmmmm. You know LP's are nice but just not for me I just never hankered for one. The ES can do a real good LP impersonation, now a Tele that could find way o my heart. Either way im very hapy a fortunate with my humble little collection of tone monsters!

Cranium
August 5th, 2006, 09:42 PM
What strat is that? And I have to agree to get a tele :D

Mark
August 6th, 2006, 01:16 AM
The Strat? its a black one LOL J/K

Its a Clapton and the Bass is a Highway 1

SuperSwede
August 6th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Mark, nice 335! Those are great instruments :)

Tim
August 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Sounds like the Gibson may need it's own amp. Those semi-hollow bodies sound real nice with a new tube amp to play through. GAS never goes away completely. One does not fully recover from this disease. And this forum does not help at all.

Justaguyin_nc
August 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Very nice looking 335..Congrats! Yep I can see room there for a Tele at least... :) But first enjoy that 335 for a week or two... Oh ya know a Gretsch should always be added to a great collection like that to to round it out.. Maybe a Country Classic with a Bigsby..then just maybe you got all the tones covered.. but then again..;)

warren0728
August 6th, 2006, 08:51 AM
gretsch does have some nice stuff....

ww

Mark
August 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM
You guys are a big help!!! had to fix a lot of Plumbing problems for these LOL Fortunately The Blues Deluxe covers my amp needs. I will amend the done buying guitars to "In a holding pattern"

tremoloman
August 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Nice fleet Mark... now you just need a Tele, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Mustang, Les Paul, and a Rickenbacker to complete your guitar collection. ;)

Nelskie
August 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I will amend the done buying guitars to "In a holding pattern"
That be some fancy footwork there, Mark. It's rather alarming for a regular like myself to see a "Done Buyin' Guitars" on this forum! :eek: Anyways - it's good to see that you've come to your senses.

Leaving yourself open to exploration is really one of the key facets of playing. At least I think it is. Trying out new / different guitars, effects, amps, and recording gear has to be one of the funnest and most exciting parts of the whole playing equation. Right now, I'm pretty well set for gear. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome a "new addition" with open arms. Perhaps a Epiphone Dot? Or a new 12-string acoustic? Time will tell . . .

To coin an old James Bond film title, "Never Say Never". ;)

SuperSwede
August 10th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Hey Nelskie, who´s the dude in your avatar? Looks somewhat like Roky Erikson! :R

jpfeifer
August 10th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Hi Mark,

Wow, that's a great 335. I've been lusting after one of those for quite some time myself. I also have the Eric Clapton Strat but I have an earlier version of it with the Lace Sensor pickups (I'm thinking about swaping those out for some of the noiseless single coils like the new model has). It's one of the most versatile guitars I've ever had and has the most awesome V-shaped mable neck.

But, yes, I would love to add a 335 to the collection. I've always loved their tone. I've been considering trying to find a CS-336 which is a smaller version of the 335 and a little different design. Either one would work for me.

How much did you pay for the 335 if you don't mind me asking? For one like the this I would expect that it was about $2000-$2500.

-- Jim