PDA

View Full Version : My Girl's Birthday Party with Pointys!

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
My girl is turning 6 and has her "friend" party tomorrow. She asked for a "rockin' out" theme for her party. We are going to do mock karaoke, with microphones and HSM music (if you don't know what HSM is, you might consider yourself glad. I, somewhat strangely, kinda like it.) For props for the air guitar contest, we are making cardboard Flying V's, that the kids will decorate on their own with buttons, cardboard, pens, etc. Here is a link to the party idea:

http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/ff0309-a-rockin-good-time/ff0309-a-rockin-good-time2.html

So, a 6 year old girl Birthday party with Gibson Pointys! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

rncskI3z5ks

Robert
May 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
That's awesome, Steve! My girl turns 6 this year too, I'll keep this idea in mind for that!

just strum
May 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Sounds cool!!!

Marnold invited?

and you are right, I for one have no clue what HSM is, but I will shortly.

oldguy
May 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
That guy's pretty good but I wouldn't invite him to the party, he's pretty serious looking about stuff and might scare six year old children...........on the other hand, he's still lots better than a clown..........those things are just freakishly creepy, y'know Steve?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sounds cool!!!

Marnold invited?

I was kinda hoping for Rev Rawk's blessing on the whole thing. :D

OG, yeah, I know what you mean about clowns. Something just not right about them! (Except JP Patches and Gertrude.)

JNSbk1O5DcU

But back to the Flying V's. Here is some guy clowning around with one.

7cuU7925GYI&feature=related
(maybe just clowning around, the recording sounds a bit strattish.)

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
That's awesome, Steve! My girl turns 6 this year too, I'll keep this idea in mind for that!

Yeah, I liked the idea. Some cardboard, some creativity and time, and something for the kids to do with recycled materials. A few years ago, we started getting a "Birthday Express" catalog that had a bunch of cheap, throwaway stuff in it that the advertising seemed to convince kids ( and some parents ) that you had to have to make a successful party, and spend $50 to a few Bennys buying it. :thwap: This cardboard guitar idea is creative, has to do with music, and uses cardboard that has to be thrown away anyway, and doesn't cost anything. In fact, my girl and I cooperated on the project, and got some good time together out of it. A few bucks in paint, tape, glue, sparkles, etc. and you have something fun.

I will post a few pics to show what the kids come up with!

ibanezjunkie
May 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM
sounds like a good idea, shame about the HSM music though.

yuuuuck.

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds cool!!!

FBVUlgG8Lm8

Spudman
May 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Happy birthday Anaka.

I imagine the HSM might be getting a little old. Now you'll get to look forward to this. TJB (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXLHgPcZuc)

Personally I'd rather endure the HSM.

R_of_G
May 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Happy Birthday to your daughter Steve. :rockon:

Sounds like a fun idea for a party.

piebaldpython
May 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
HBD to your daughter Steve!! They grow up so fast. The missus and I saw HSM at the theatre. It was pretty good as those things go. It wasn't too schmaltzy or annoying like the Mama Mia movie. :bravo: And, it sounds better than Hannah Montana.

markb
May 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
HSM is bad enough but Camp Rock looks even worse for my money. Teen rebellion the Disney way :thwap:

BTW, do you think they know about this definition of "camp" (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=11003&dict=CALD)? ;)

mrmudcat
May 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM
WOW COOL IDEA HBD TO YOUR LIL GIRL:beer:

Tone2TheBone
May 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Happy Birfday to your little girl Steve! I miss those 6 year old kid days soak them all in my friend cause they get big fast. :)

SuperSwede
May 17th, 2009, 02:27 AM
My daughter loves HSM 1, 2 & 3, and HM, and CR .. YEah thats it.

Good luck with the party Steve!

Kazz
May 17th, 2009, 04:26 AM
both our daughters love HSM and Hannah Montana too. SVL....what a great birthday party idea. For our 11 year olds birthday back in October I just got out the Playstation 2 and loaded it up with every available version of Guitar Hero and let all the giddy girls go at it.

Funny thing was one girl was exceptionally good, but she could not out duel Ted Nugent.....she kept saying the game was cheating....so I sat down beside her and took the guitar for the next turn and beat Uncle Ted on the first try....I smiled and said, games are not built to cheat you.....you just have to exude a little "flair" and laughed.....she gave me this look like she could kill me.....but took the guitar back and continued to excel. :-)

It really amazes me at how good young kids are at most anything they try.

just strum
May 17th, 2009, 05:18 AM
....so I sat down beside her and took the guitar for the next turn and beat Uncle Ted on the first try....I smiled and said, games are not built to cheat you.....you just have to exude a little "flair" and laughed.....she gave me this look like she could kill me.....but took the guitar back and continued to excel. :-)

You omitted the part where you took her 20 bucks and told her to come back when she wants to bet again.:D

Steve, I forgot to say - Happy Birthday to your little girl. To repeat Tone, enjoy this time when they are small. Mine reminded me the other day that she will be 18 in October and will be able to do whatever she wants - naive kid.

oldguy
May 17th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Yep, have fun with 'em Steve.
Tone and Mark are right. Our youngest was 16 last October.........
Happy Birthday to your daughter, and have fun, they grow up so quick.

sunvalleylaw
May 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Progress pic: Anneka's prototype that I helped get ready for her to add decorations with her friends: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0112.jpg

Based very loosely on this one she liked:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/fs80msp.jpg

just strum
May 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Just think how much you can charge for a relic version. Instead of cigarette burns, you could have chocolate fingerprints and kool-aid stains.

sunvalleylaw
May 17th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Progress pic: Anneka's prototype that I helped get ready for her to add decorations with her friends: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0112.jpg

Based very loosely on this one she liked:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/fs80msp.jpg

Yeah Strummy, and PG can be smeared with cherry flavored lip smacker! Well, since it is your B-day too, I hope someone makes you a cardboard Gibson 335!

just strum
May 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Well, since it is your B-day too, I hope someone makes you a cardboard Gibson 335!

I'm starting to get a serious case of 339 GAS now. I would settle for either, but the only cardboard would have to be the box it is delivered in.

Looking forward to some party reviews. I will be spending most of my birthday in a car - pictures at 11.

marnold
May 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
You KNOW that pointies always have the official Rev. Rawk seal of approval, even if they are faux.

mrmudcat
May 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
. I will be spending most of my birthday in a car - pictures at 11.

Brother your not that old :thwap: Step out of the car and open up the garage door already it smells!!:rotflmao:

just strum
May 17th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Brother your not that old :thwap: Step out of the car and open up the garage door already it smells!!:rotflmao:

I must be, it took me a few seconds before I got the joke.:thwap:

sunvalleylaw
May 17th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Quick photo essay to share: http://web.me.com/sunvalleylaw/Site/Annekas_6th_B-day.html

Will give a better report later! Big Fun!

Spudman
May 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Very cute. It looks like the kids enjoyed themselves.

duhvoodooman
May 18th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Cool idea, Steve. And a big belated DVM HBD to Anneka!!

Brian Krashpad
May 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Sounds like fun, except for the High School Musical part.

The only thing good I can say about HSM is...

wait, I'm thinking...

oh yeah, the actress with the dark hair looked grand in those nudie cell phone pics.

Childbride
May 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
happy belated to your daughter, SVL! :D :D :D