PDA

View Full Version : Family Game Night at the Katastrophe Home.

Katastrophe
May 16th, 2009, 09:04 PM
My 12 year old stepdaughter just utterly destroyed me in a game of chess.

Ouch.

Any of y'all play games with your kids, and do they win?

I need some moral support here to repair my battered ego.:D

She is one seriously smart kid.

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
We enjoy family game night, and the kids really dig it. We play some goofy kid games, and some standards. Good fun!

R_of_G
May 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'd be embarrassed if my daughter beat me at any games, but then again, she's only 11 months old. :D

Seriously though, my wife and I love games, particularly backgammon, and I'm hoping Ella will love games as well. It's a great way to spend time to break out the 'gammon board and some good music.

Ch0jin
May 18th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Happens to me all the time mate.

At 38 I'm an old man by Xbox360 standards, and as such I do so enjoy having my butt handed to me by giggling 11 year old Americans.

(amongst my mates almost every game night is held online btw)

I cant tell you how many times I've had some pre-pubescent kid telling about special glitches and tactics in COD Zombie mode as I keep saying "Man I just wanna drink my beers and kill Zombies, I don't care about scores and glitches and such" :)

Jimi75
May 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Okay, my kids are still "small" so we play some easy games...my son plays some Monopoly Junior, my daughter rather plays Memory.

But both of my kids destroy me in Memory. Last saturday we played two rounds of Finding Nemo Memory which is a huge Memory with about 60-80 cards. It was so embarassing for me, my kids picked one pair after the next....