PDA

View Full Version : biggest suprise so far of 2009.

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 10:33 AM
well, i was rearranging my rig, when i felt the need to open the back of my marshall 4x12 cab (the early 90s one that matches my valvestate head) and see what the speakers were in it, because id never looked before.

so i eventually get the hundreds of screws out that marshall felt the need to stick in there, and i was suprised to find...

4 CELESTION Professional speakers, made in Ipswitch UK

and the words: 'Designed and made in bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK' printed on the inside of the speaker cab :O

i assumed the cab would be made in vietnam or something like the MG series and have some shit old speakers with marshall slapped on them.

consider me suprised, and happy.

markb
May 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The first generation of Valvestates were made in the UK. Celestion switched production from Ipswich to China around that time too. So you got some of the last UK made Celestions.

ibanezjunkie
May 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM
The first generation of Valvestates were made in the UK. Celestion switched production from Ipswich to China around that time too. So you got some of the last UK made Celestions.

w00t. haha this thing was a pretty lucky find. in the basement of the guitar store, while i was on work experience there.

£175 inc VAT.