PDA

View Full Version : Fender Bandmaster Vintage Modified

TS808
May 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I've been reading alot of good reviews about the Fender Deluxe VM and Bandmaster VM and caught a couple clips of the amp, so I just ordered the Bandmaster head for my 212 cab.

Alot of what I've read says the same things: a great range of overdriven tones from bluesy crunch to a Marshall like distortion. Alot of folks compare the overdrive as a cross between those found on the Super Champ XD and Hot Rod Deluxe.

Here's the interesting thing about the VM series...the clean channel is solid state and only runs through the phase inverter tube whereas the dirt channel is all tube, although I'm thinking there must be some solid state component to it as well. Nonetheless, I don't care if it's all tube or solid state or a hybrid, as long as it sounds good.

On the Fender forum many of the reviews say the amps sounds very good at all volume levels which is good in my instance as I'll use this just to play at home. I've been wanting a 2-channel amp with 2 separate EQ's as I like to plug straight in without pedals 90% of the time.

I'll give my impressions and keep you all posted when the amp arrives. I would have got the Deluxe combo, but I have a nice 212 cab with Tone Tubby speakers that I use with my Blackheart and thought it would be wiser to buy a head rather than a combo.

TS808
May 17th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Here's a cool clip of the Bandmaster VM:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Djl2s0RVo5M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Djl2s0RVo5M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

markb
May 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
That clip would be worth watching even if the amp was junk. Which it's not (he added hastily) :D

TS808
May 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
That clip would be worth watching even if the amp was junk. Which it's not (he added hastily) :D

Yes...he is a trip!!

birv2
May 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
He makes me laugh out loud.

So nice to see some humor in the gear industry.