PDA

View Full Version : Which Telecaster pickup setting is your favorite?

tremoloman
August 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I'm eager to hear your opinions on this one!

Robert
August 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM
With my new DiMarzio Virtual T pups - the bridge pickup is fantastic! It's got spank, it's got mojo, it's got, well all you can ask for! It's the first Tele pickup I have ever liked, but then I haven't played many Tele's really.

tremoloman
August 5th, 2006, 08:01 PM
There's just something magical about the neck and bridge to me in parallel. To me, THAT is the "Telecaster sound" I love.

marnold
August 5th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately, since my current Tele pickups are so poorly matched (Hot Rails at bridge, stock Jackson at neck), the middle position is useless.Once I get the pups I want and a four-way switch, I'll have options galore.

SuperSwede
August 6th, 2006, 01:43 AM
The neck pickup is soo sweet on a tele, but what makes the tele stand out is the bridge pup. Lots of twang :)

Justaguyin_nc
August 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I favor the neck pickup for it's warmth actually... I can get some nice jazzy sounds from it for my level of play? compared to what else I have available and till a Jazz box shows up thats what I use.. or a nylon string..

warren0728
August 6th, 2006, 09:14 AM
i chose bridge because that's the sound i think of when io think tele but i like the middle position too.....i don't use the neck pickup alone very often.

ww

Iago
August 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Bridge again here.. the Tele IS the bridge pickup. I use the neck pu alone very often too.. its pretty sweet, and really sounds different than a strat`s

r_a_smith3530
September 3rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Well, I picked "None of the Above," but not so much because I am a Nashville Tele fan, but more because my favorite tele tone is the one that comes out of my Peaver Reactor when I combine the Gibson PAF mounted in its rhythm position with the full-on power of the tapped Duncan Hot Lead mounted in its bridge position. Mellow and spank, all wrapped into one powerful package!!!

Katastrophe
September 3rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
I chose bridge, 'cause that, IMHO, is what makes a Tele a Tele. TWWWWWAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG!:D

Tone2TheBone
September 4th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Love them all but neck and bridge is my favorite.