PDA

View Full Version : If you love art you don't...

Jimi75
May 19th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Hey friends,

I would call us all artists, may it be as musicians, painters, tinkerer, home constructor etc.

When talking to some of the fathers of my kid's friends they always ask me if I already saw this and that new movie or if I already got this or that cd already and they offer me to give me the "burned/copied" dvds/cds. I mean it's illegal anyways, but I always tell them honestly and directly that I make music myself and I know how much love and effort an artist put into his work, not matter which art he does. I buy my cds, I pay for my movies. You won't find stuff in my collection that comes from any kind of internet source, unless I have paid for it.

I invited one of the fathers to the movies to see the new Star Trek movie, he cancelled the appointment - guess why - he said he has already seen the movie at home!!! :thwap:

I think if you love art, you don't burn or copy stuff, you buy your dvds and cds, if you can not afford them then wait until you can.

:beer:

Jimi75

markb
May 19th, 2009, 03:35 AM
As Loudon Wainwright has it, Sharing is good, but stealing is wrong.

R_of_G
May 19th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I agree when it comes to officially released recordings. When it comes to live recordings though, if it's out there, it's fair game as far as I'm concerned. The artist isn't making money off of it either way, and if it's someone I have never heard live, a good live recording might make we want to see them live in which case they will eventually get my money.

As for movies, why steal when there's Netflix?