PDA

View Full Version : Strings?

ibanezjunkie
May 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
im used to slapping on D'addario 9s or super slinkies, but i think its time i tryed out some different strings. make a new sound and stuff?

so, recommend me some new wound wires man! =]

Rocket
May 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Oh!
String thread... see "Search" funtion.

ibanezjunkie
May 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Oh!
String thread... see "Search" funtion.

yes but they be strings recommended for someone else...

see my metallica avatar, the fact i use an RG and a DDM..i needs me metal-moosic strings maan

:rockon:

Spudman
May 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Since you are on the other side of the pond I'll torture you with this: you should be playing Rogue bulk sets of stainless steel. They are consistent, good quality and most importantly LOUD!

Rocket
May 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I'll go thru this one more time... for you.
The majority of the world's strings, including some big names, come from 3 string winding facilities are are packaged & labeled for individual "manufacturers" which are really not manufacturers at all.
Bottom line... strings-R-strings. Buy em, try em, if you like them, buy em again... if you don't like them, try another.

pes_laul
June 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Try a pair of elixirs bro, While I usually don't play them when I have had them they had good tone and HAD good tone for a long time and with the coating they had they didn't get rusty until after a long time.

Perfect Stranger
June 26th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Just go to www.webstrings.com $2.49 a set and they ship world-wide. I've used half a dozen sizes and types and have yet to be disappointed. They last just as long as any other string I've ever used, but at that price you can afford to change them weekly! I've used them for the last couple of years and love them.

just strum
June 27th, 2009, 01:22 PM
It is difficult to recommend strings, the most people can tell you is what they like or use. It's best to try different ones and see what is best for you.

Most of the time this question finds the majority responses tend to be D'Addario of varied sizes. I doubt any string out there will make you sound like Metallica.

Monkus
July 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
I have always used D'Addario and decided to try out their flatwound. Changed after a week or two. YMMV though. When changing then, I tried Ernie Ball slinkies on the advice of a friend and me likey....a lot.

Tibernius
July 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM
I normally use Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 10-46s.

Last time I ordered some strings though I decided to try the Rotosounds. I've got a set of Roto Greys (13-54) on my LP copy and tuned it down to Drop A#, not a straight comparison but they seem just as good quality as the EBs, very similar in fact.
I definitely prefer them to the D'Addarios, tried a couple of sets of those and hated them. Couldn't figure out why, they just felt wrong.

Tig
July 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
I like the Ernie Ball Coated Titanium RPS Regular Slinky's in 10-46 for the Les Paul Jr (humbucker), but they are a bit pricey. I don't play that guitar much, so coated is a good way to go. I used their 9-42's at first, but like the slightly heavier 10's.

I'm using some Elixir Polyweb's on the Reverend, but other than reducing finger squeak, I'm not too impressed after 2 sets.

I might try the webstrings.com route and just change them a little more frequently, since I can get 3 or 4 sets of 'em per every 1 set of the Ernie Ball Ti or Elixir's.