PDA

View Full Version : Videos from my last gig May, 16 2009

Jimi75
May 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
We played a beautiful concert last saturday and one of the guys had a video cam with him. Okay, the qualitiy is not hifi, but maybe you enjoy it anyways :)
It's the gig where I was wondering if I should buy a 1 or 2x12....you might remember....well I kept my set up with the 4 x 12 and it was the best thing I could ever do! Played the Jimmie Vaughan Strat the whole night and the only pedal I had on stage was my Fulltone OCD. My amph was of course the JTM45.

Okay, here's 3 videos. Two original songs I wrote for my band and one John Mayer cover version called "Find another you". Would be glad to get your feedback :AOK:

q_B_ehG9svk
ORpzmMWy6z0
PxcL1EFs66Q

marnold
May 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I really enjoyed your playing on all of them. I especially liked the main riffs for both of your songs. As a former/current bass player, I appreciate a good riff. Hard to argue with that JTM45 tone.

One small semi-related question: is it "expected" that your originals would be in English as opposed to German?

tjcurtin1
May 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Great playing, great sound, Jimi! That kit sounds awful good - to follow up on the Rev's question, I've always wanted to know how you developed such fluency in English (same goes for Robert).

Only complaint on the vids was the fact that the cameraman focused in on the drummer and bassist all during your solo on the last tune! I wanted to pan the camera to the right!

mrmudcat
May 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hey nice playing on all brother!:bravo:

birv2
May 19th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Very nice playing. Love that JV Strat!

Your band sounds pretty tight. Also, nice hats.

Jimi75
May 20th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Thank you for your comments folks! I am happy to hear that you like the music and the playing.

Regarding the English:
We love composing in English, we have tried some songs in German, but it didn't feel as good. My generation started learning English from the age of 10 on in schools, my kids though even start in the kindergarden nowadays.

:AOK:

SuperSwede
May 20th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Nice playing, and some righteous Marshall tones too..

Jimi75
May 20th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Nice playing, and some righteous Marshall tones too..

Thanks SuperS. In fact there was one guy complaining about the Marshall, it sounded too "Gibson" for him....whatever he meant with that....I guess he thinks you can only play a Strat through a Deluxe Reverb or so...however...I love my Marshall :rotflmao:

bigG
May 20th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Very good, Jimi! Damn tight band, and your originals are great - killer tone and guit! (I'm betting you loved The Fabulous Thunderbirds!!??) :beer:

oldguy
May 20th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Nice playing, Jimi, and I also noticed how well the arrangements were laid out!
You certainly can compose a song, very professional. Very tasty stuff, my friend!

Jimi75
May 20th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Nice playing, Jimi, and I also noticed how well the arrangements were laid out!
You certainly can compose a song, very professional. Very tasty stuff, my friend!

Thank for the compliment on the composition OG! I think that composing is the most important part to learn, also for guitar players.

Robert
May 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
That's cool Jimi! Too bad the sound isn't better but still great stuff. Thanks for posting this!

sumitomo
May 20th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Very cool Jimi,sounding good indeed!!Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
May 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks SuperS. In fact there was one guy complaining about the Marshall, it sounded too "Gibson" for him....whatever he meant with that....I guess he thinks you can only play a Strat through a Deluxe Reverb or so...however...I love my Marshall :rotflmao:

I love your sounds and am enjoying the clips! I may make more specific comments later. In the meantime, your sound, and the sound of a strat through a Marshall to me is an excellent, warm, responsive, organic sound that I really enjoy. Strats through Fender amphs sound good too, but I like a strat through a Marshall very much! And of course I like the sound of JV pups as well. :AOK: :rockon:

Lev
May 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Excellent soloing there Jimi, very tasty indeed. Is that JV strat completely stock? If so it sounds amazing - if I didn't know better I'd have thought it was straight from the custom shop with that tone.

Jimi75
May 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Excellent soloing there Jimi, very tasty indeed. Is that JV strat completely stock? If so it sounds amazing - if I didn't know better I'd have thought it was straight from the custom shop with that tone.

Well there's al ittle story behind that JV Strat. First, the pick ups are a set of Texas Specials, I took out the Tex Mex ones right in the beginning, although they are good pus, the Texas Specials just fit better. Second, while still working for Fender one day one of our tecnicians had this neck of a JV Strat. A customer had issues with his JV so we were supposed to swap the neck. Anyways, this neck was the most beautiful piece of neck I have ever seen for a JV, so Isuggested that our tecnician would take my JV neck to put on this guys guitar and to give me the super neck. Of course he did so...I believe that neck is special, soulcd have been right of a 50 CS Strat and they just put the signature on it. I feel lucky having this Strat. My No1!

M29
May 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Awesome Jimi!! Nice tone and sting on the Strat, I don't hear any Gibson, it's all Strat that I hear.
The band sounds great overall as does your songs. The 4x12 fit fine, maybe a little cumbersome to carry around but if people are not tripping over it I would keep it in there.

Very nicely done Jimi very nice indeed:rockon:

M

SuperSwede
May 22nd, 2009, 02:41 AM

Too "Gibson" ?? Strat through Marshall? :D