PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Home Alabama

Robert
August 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM
The "always requested" song at gigs... here it is! If you don't know how to play this song, here's your chance.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-29.php

Justaguyin_nc
August 6th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks Robert.. Hey, can you suggest which tab site out there matches your playing or do they all seem different? Without the original sheet music and learning by tabs I have been finding out I been usually learning songs wrong or different.. guess thats the case on 90% of songs... sure wish those videos you made produced instant tabs to learn from...;)

Robert
August 6th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Have no ideas Justa... I haven't looked at any tab sites. Try and learn directly from the video. Play a few notes from the video, pause it, try and copy what I'm doing, repeat the whole process until you get it right. That's how I learn stuff myself.

tremoloman
August 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Nice video Robert! What kind of camera & software do you use to record & encode? I've wanted to record some stuff for the board but am clueless about how to go about it.

Robert
August 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
I use my Sony DCR-TRV33 camcorder. A simple budget video camera that uses Mini-DV tapes. Produces great quality for the stuff I do.

Software, I have been using the free Movie Maker that comes with Win XP. I recently started using Pinnacle Studio, but it is very buggy. When it works, it can do more than the free Movie Maker though.

tremoloman
August 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info. How do you transfer the video tape to the PC?

Robert
August 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
By using a Firewire cable. You need a Firewire port on your computer.

I believe the software to get for home video editing is Adobe Premiere Elements.

M29
August 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Hello,

For some reason I cannot get Sweet Home Alabama to load. There is nothing but a blank white screen where the video would be viewed. The rest of the page loads and all the other videos work but this one. I have tried this in FireFox and also Internet Explorer.

In the last week before Robert added this video I formatted my hardrive and reinstalled everything and everything on the computer is working great but this one video will not work.

Any ideas? I would really like to see this, I am trying to get more experience with this type of picking and this song would be great to learn.

Thank you for your time and work on these videos Robert.

M29

Robert
August 7th, 2006, 07:46 AM
This one uses Flash. You must install the Flash player.
Get it here - http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

kerc
August 7th, 2006, 12:27 PM
That was great, Robert. :D

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Videos are great Rob. Thanks for the other link you sent. BTW I never noticed the neck angle on the pickup for the 51 thats interesting.

kerc
August 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Videos are great Rob. Thanks for the other link you sent. BTW I never noticed the neck angle on the pickup for the 51 thats interesting.

So that means you don't have one?....What are you waiting for? :D

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM
So that means you don't have one?....What are you waiting for? :D

Well I tried one but I didn't do it justice so I put it back. :)

Robert
March 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hey, looky here - this youtube lesson I made now has over 2 millions views! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlyB5DYSpE

ZVlyB5DYSpE