PDA

View Full Version : Squier CV Strat - Lake Placid Blue - Anyone have one?

smp
May 21st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi, I'm new :)
I did a search and couldn't find any reports from any owners. Reason I ask is because I haven't had a chance to try it out, but I have tried out the sunburst. The sunburst has the stained and laquered neck while the one in Lake Placid blue does not. So, I can't compare the neck feel....
but I did leave a deposit so I have one on order. I can back out and use my deposit on anything else in the store (likely the Tele or Sunburst Strat) .. but I really like the blue. The Squier Deluxe in daphne blue caught my attention as well.

Anyway, just wanted to hear from someone that's played both the unfinished looking maple neck (blue) and the laquered one that everyone is so crazy about (sunburst).

I only have one electric and that's an early 90's MIM Fender Strat "Wayne's World" edition. It's pretty sweet, but it's rosewood and I want maple with jumbo frets!

Thanks!

Spudman
May 21st, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have a CV 50s Strat but in Sunburst. Search the forum there is plenty of talk about them. I actually like the neck on the Deluxe that you mentioned better. I have the white version and love how the neck feels.

Both guitars are very good quality and I play them often. The CV Strat goes to all my gigs now and is always played first.

smp
May 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have a CV 50s Strat but in Sunburst. Search the forum there is plenty of talk about them. I actually like the neck on the Deluxe that you mentioned better. I have the white version and love how the neck feels.

Both guitars are very good quality and I play them often. The CV Strat goes to all my gigs now and is always played first.

Thanks for the reply.
I have searched and have found no reviews of the lake placid blue CV .. it is different than the sunburst, the neck is different. I want to get an opinion on the difference between the finishes on the necks.
My local music store has not sold ANY of the other colours, they have not had them in yet. I believe they are only a few months old.

Spudman
May 21st, 2009, 10:47 PM
Right. There are some new finishes out but I haven't seen any either. I've also not heard from anyone that has gotten one of the new ones. Are you set on getting a blue one or something?

markb
May 21st, 2009, 11:27 PM
No difference in spec listed here apart from the lack of tint on the neck and that's just cosmetic. It seems such a small detail to bother with.

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303000503

ZMAN
May 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
The neck on the Lake Placid blue looks very close to the ones on the Deluxes.
They are a satin finish and are quite nice. Most of the guys who own the CV50s prefer that finish. The VMs do not have the maple board but they have that gloss finish on the back of the necks.
I know the 50s and 60s CVs were made in China, I wonder where the new special edition was made. They don't even list it as one of their regular guitars on the web site. I saw one the other day in a shop in Maine but I didn't get a chance to play it. Not a fan of blue guitars but I do have a Dapne Deluxe and I like that guitar a lot. Either way you will enjoy the guitar if it is half as nice as the 50s model. Squier nailed that one!

Duff
December 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
It has been a long time I know but I recently got a new LPB CV fifties and it is metallic blue not like the Deluxe Squire blue one at all.

It is an awesome guitar and I put on an amber aged white pearl pickguard and loaded it with Fender Texas Special single coil pickups and had the bridge tone mod done before I picked it up. Also had an American Standard strat string tree put on.

It is an awesome guitar. I have a sunburst CV fifties as well and it is stock and sounds incredible, played it tonight.

Did you get the LPB CV?

I'm sure you like it if you did.