PDA

View Full Version : Have a safe weekend FRETTERS!

street music
May 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Another holiday weekend and many family members and friends are on the road. Be safe and enjoy, over eat , Don't over Drink, and play lots of music.

Robert
May 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, sir, we will! You have a GREAT ONE too!

Shiny side up. :cool:

Spudman
May 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks. You have a good one too. I'm not sure what we are doing yet but I can bet it's going to be hard. Thankfully I'll have some beer to forget how hard it really was. :beer:

Robert
May 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
I am trying to get rested for my marathon next weekend. My legs are still a bit mushy from last weekend's half-marathon.

I've been reading about Kenyan training lately, and man I feel so fat now. They are so tiny and even though I'm fairly thin, I look like the Blob compared to them.

marnold
May 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
I've been reading about Kenyan training lately, and man I feel so fat now. They are so tiny and even though I'm fairly thin, I look like the Blob compared to them.
Congratulations, Robert, you're turning into Lindsay Lohan.

A happy Memorial Day to everyone and a special thank-you to the veterans out there!

Childbride
May 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
A happy Memorial Day to everyone and a special thank-you to the veterans out there!

+1...

quiet weekend, here. supposed to rain all weekend.

have to work, but brought it home to do...

going to play lots of guitar. i have a lot of work to do on my lessons. :)

street music
May 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
We are starting off with a Yard sale tomorrow-TOO MUCH STUFF LAYING AROUND!
I have already mowed off the grave yard that is beside our property- no family of the dead ever helps keep it clean. Now they come visit and see the stones.
I need to practice some on this bluegrass music that I have tried to pick, and I will get my Super Champ XD in next week I hope. So I guess we will stay close to home most of holiday weekend.

Gil Janus
May 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Well we started off the weekend by driving to and from Providence, RI today. We went to pick up my eldest granddaughter who goes to Johnson & Wales.

Traffic was pretty bad - she apologized that her check out day was the Memorial Day Weekend Friday - and we of course said - don't sweat it - that's what families are for. We were gone from 7:15 AM this morning till about 7 PM tonight - one gas stop on the way back, one food stop on the way back, and lots of pit stops going down and back. We did 89/93/95-128/95 down, and 95/495/93/89 back.

Now we are relaxing, and thinking of what exactly should we be grilling over the weekend - I'm sure that we can find something in the house. And there are few good races to watch this weekend - F1 @ Monaco, NASCAR 600 Mile Race, and of course the Indy 500.

I hope every one has a good weekend, and a big thank you and remembrance for those who have fallen for us. :smile-us:

Gil :cool:

bigoldron
May 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
It's been a great weekend so far! My Girl gave her valedictory speech tonight and did a great job! I held together pretty well until she started talking about me. Had to let the eyes leak a little, but pulled it together pretty quickly. :cry:

But all went well and she's now an official graduate! We had a get together at my in-laws afterwards with family and some friends and now I'm home winding down before bed. We took lots of pics and I'll try to get a couple posted tomorrow.

Sunday, we're having a community-wide Memorial Day Service at our elementary school auditorium. All the churches in town are getting together to pay homage to our vets, both living and not. The community choir will sing 2 songs, the elementary chorale (3-5 graders) will sing a couple and the churches will do other solos, ensembles and choir songs. It should be a pretty powerful, moving experience. We've got a large group of veterans that will be present and we honor them.

Overall, it should be a pretty good weekend! Bless you all, my friends! Be safe and enjoy yourselves! :smile-us:

ragnarpk
May 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
i just finished my final exams. this weekend will be everything but safe. :D

M29
May 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
Have a great Memorial Day weekend. We usually take the veterans through the local parade in the back of a WWII duece and a half but we can't get it together this year. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones.

Again have a great time this weekend.

M29

bigoldron
May 23rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
i just finished my final exams. this weekend will be everything but safe. :D

Party hearty, my friend. Just keep it off the road...

Spudman
May 23rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
I did a 55 mile bicycle ride yesterday and I'll be taking off shortly for a 40 miler today. It's real quiet around the area. Everyone is gone. The Mrs got called in to work for a bit today but afterward we have some fun planned.

bigoldron
May 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
As promised, a couple of graduation pics of my 18 year old:

She's on the right side. This is on the gym stage.
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/karenomiller/Carabeths%20Graduation%20Baccalaureate%20and%20Chu rch%20Reco/CarabethsGraduationfromFFAcamera010.jpg

Here she is on the stage. She stood on a small platform behind the podium that they made special for her. (She's a little on the short side...)

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/karenomiller/Carabeths%20Graduation%20Baccalaureate%20and%20Chu rch%20Reco/P5220262.jpg

Here's me and my 3 girls on the floor after they had finished:
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt231/karenomiller/Carabeths%20Graduation%20Baccalaureate%20and%20Chu rch%20Reco/P5220251.jpg

It was nice evening. Me and Mama are way proud of our girls!

street music
May 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Ron, that's a very pretty family you have there and congrats to that girl, great parents have a lot to do with how kids turn out.

The wife and I just ran around together today, and came home to watch movies. I've been spending more time with her of late as she has depression issues. She says tomorrow is my day for guitars, I hope I get to play some.

just strum
May 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Congrats Ron - Proud Dad and Mon time for sure.

And congrats to your daughter for making you and your wife so proud.