PDA

View Full Version : Threw a Cool Rails into my...

Algonquin
May 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
I recently did a simple mod on my Tele by throwing a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails into the neck position. I'd been considering a bucker in this position for quite a while now and had picked up a pick guard from a fellow Fretter here some time back http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5838.

The Cool Rail allowed me to add the pickup without even having to re-size the new guard as it was made for a neck Strat single coil sized pickup.

The pickup is a nice addition to the Nashville, and I like the fact I didn't have to structurally change the guitar at all. Should I want to go back to a Tele neck p/u... I'll just throw on the original pick guard and I'm good to go.

The weakest p/u on this guitar imho has always been the centre strat single coil. I think I'll keep my eyes open for something to replace it with. The Tele bridge p/u it came with is surprisingly good, so I'm holding on to that one. :AOK:

Cheers :beer:

t_ross33
May 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
well i gotta say it's about time.. ;)

pics and clips or it don't exist :beer:

Algonquin
May 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
well i gotta say it's about time.. ;)

pics and clips or it don't exist :beer:
Agreed... pics and clips I shall work on! :D

The 'Cool Rails' is a previously enjoyed pickup which I'd have preferred black, but for the price I'm content with it being white. Trev, the GFS pickguard fit like a glove, and is very hard to distinguish from the Fender original. :AOK:

This was a very modest mod, with the pickup, guard, and copper foil shielding running me about $65 dollars... can't complain about that!

sunvalleylaw
May 22nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
Cool beans! I am excited to see/hear it.