PDA

View Full Version : Trying To ID My First Electric Guitar

warren0728
August 6th, 2006, 06:59 PM
OK folks...this will probably be impossible but here goes.My mom gave me a bunch of pictures she had of me and she has one of me with my first electric guitar taken in 1971 (i was 9). The photograph is not very good but here it is. I am including a link to a larger version of the picture too. It is too blurry to read a name on the headstock but maybe someone will ahve a clue!

thanks,
ww

http://warrenworld.com/guitars/first_guitar.jpg

larger picture>>> http://warrenworld.com/guitars/first_guitar-large.jpg

Spudman
August 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I just saw one of those go for $6000 on Ebay. Do you still have it?

Just kidding.:)

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Thats you Warren? Awesome!

Cranium
August 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
It looks like a Schecter! Actualy Im probably wrong, how long is Schecter around anyway?

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Thats you Warren? Awesome!
yep at 9 years old....my first electric!!

ww

Tim
August 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Why is it not your real avatar?

Cranium
August 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Maybe its a Fender Mustang model? Warren don't you still have it? Do you have a new picture, I wonder how you look now. :D

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM
i wish i still had it!! If i can figure out what it is i am going to find one and buy it. Have a couple of leads on another forum....i think my pic is around the forum somewhere already....there are a lot of new members maybe we should start a picture thread....

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Why is it not your real avatar?
more like surreal....i might change it....i have a picture of me in a mexican costume my mon made for me for a middle school talent show where i played maleguana (sp?) on my acoustic with a rose between my teeth and at the end of the song i threw the rose into the crowd of students and hollared olay!!!....scary....

ww

Katastrophe
August 7th, 2006, 11:33 AM
The picture is fuzzy, but it looks sorta similar to a model that Sears sold forever. A friend loaned me a very similar looking guitar to play on as a kid before I got my first electric.

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
it could have been bought at sears....not sure....gonna give mom a call right now to see if she remembers but i doubt she will.

I wish i had a better picture but that is the only one i know of that guitar :(

ww

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
well....mom doesn't remember either and BTW the picture was taken in 93 so i was actually 11 not 9.

gonna do some more research....anything to avoid real work!

ww

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
....BTW the picture was taken in 93 so i was actually 11 not 9.
Which makes you 24 now, right? YOU WISH!! :D

warren0728
August 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
oops....i meant 73! yeah 24 sounds way better than 44!

ww

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2006, 01:25 PM
oops....i meant 73! yeah 24 sounds way better than 44!
And 44 sounds better than 55! ;)

Tim
August 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
more like surreal....i might change it....i have a picture of me in a mexican costume my mon made for me for a middle school talent show where i played maleguana (sp?) on my acoustic with a rose between my teeth and at the end of the song i threw the rose into the crowd of students and hollared olay!!!....scary....

ww

The “real” Warren immerges from the shadows. You will do anything for attention? To bad American Idol was on the air back then.

How well did the girls flock after you when you finished playing your melody? Did you throw the rose into the audience?

grungeiceman
March 13th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Lol unfortunitly i have played one of those im pretty sure its the same is a teisco

sunvalleylaw
March 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Hey Warren! Nice shot! Can't help you with the guitar, but I was 11 in 73 also. Are those Rhododendrons in the background? Looks like the goofy shots of me in front of the Rhodys in my Cub uniform from the same era. I was not cool enough to have a real guitar back then. ;-)

stingx
March 13th, 2007, 05:21 PM
It looks like either a EKO, Teisco, or Hagstrom. If you do some searching you will note the similarity to the following (Hagstrom III):

http://www.albinhagstrom.se/visitors%20pics/guitars/hagstrom_III_.gif

Also, look on this page as your guitar looks like a few on there:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/1960guitars.html

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM
I can't ID the guitar, but that is a cool picture! We're about the same age. I was born in '61.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
March 15th, 2007, 06:35 AM
It looks like a Silvertone , sold by sears at that time , the action was so high on those things you could use it to shred cheese .. still a lot of players have fond memories of those 1st electric 6's , moi included .

7lords
May 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.vintagesilvertones.com/

warren0728
May 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
thanks for the link 7....didn't see one like mine there (mine had a sunburst headstock) but i think i will send them the pic and see if they can help me identify it!

ww

7lords
May 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
thanks for the link 7....didn't see one like mine there (mine had a sunburst headstock) but i think i will send them the pic and see if they can help me identify it!

ww
Yes, I noticed I couldn't find the headstock the same. But if it is a Silvertone or one of the companies that made them for Silvertone, that guy would know.

guitartist
May 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Looks like it could be a Silvertone or a Teisco to me.
Man, you are so lucky you have a picture of that guitar...I was born in '61 and I got my first electric (a silvertone) for X-mas in '70. That guitar is now LOOOOONG gone, and I don't even have a picture of it now. (*sniff*)

Brian Krashpad
May 15th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Looks like it could be a Silvertone or a Teisco to me.
Man, you are so lucky you have a picture of that guitar...I was born in '61 and I got my first electric (a silvertone) for X-mas in '70. That guitar is now LOOOOONG gone, and I don't even have a picture of it now. (*sniff*)

These two would be my guesses as well, Silvertone or Teisco.

70's plywood MIJ! :R

I had something similar as my first electric too.