PDA

View Full Version : Proud Dad Time - again.

just strum
May 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
My daughter and the Aurora High School Band will be performing live on national TV for the Bills vs. Titans in 2009 Hall of Fame Game and the performance will include Samuel David Moore (Sam and Dave fame).

R_of_G
May 23rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
That's great Mark. Congratulations to your daughter and the band! That's a good sized audience to play for.:bravo:

bigoldron
May 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Way cool!

luvmyshiner
May 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Very nice Strummy! Congrats my friend.:beer:

mrmudcat
May 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
yep cool as hell!!!:bravo:

Katastrophe
May 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
That's awesome, Strum! :beer:

piebaldpython
May 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Props and kudos Strum. Hey, that was a heckuva shot by LeBron at the buzzer last nite, huh? The missus and I went out for a very late dinner and caught the end of the game. I felt bad for you when the other guy scored with 1 second left.

just strum
May 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Props and kudos Strum. Hey, that was a heckuva shot by LeBron at the buzzer last nite, huh? The missus and I went out for a very late dinner and caught the end of the game. I felt bad for you when the other guy scored with 1 second left.

Pie, I noted in the other thread that I turned the TV off with one second to play - disgust got the best of me. I then went to the sports site about 20 minutes later and read about it. Today's front page of the local paper has a full page pic of Lebron with a caption something like - "Lebron finds the magic"

Thanks to all for the nice comments about my daughter. I think they were selected because the Aurora football team won the State Championship, but they are good and deserve to go on their own merit.

Childbride
May 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Strummy, that's wonderful! :D :bravo:

street music
May 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mark that is great congrats to her.

just strum
August 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM
This Sunday is the big day

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2009/7/2/rock-and-roll-hofer-to-perform-at-halftime-of-hof-game/

Sam will be in our town tomorrow to rehearse with the band and we may go to take some of it in.

Look for a girl carrying a flag, that should narrow it down to maybe 10 girls.

M29
August 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Congrats to both of you, congrats congrats congrats:rockon:

M

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Most impressive! :AOK: Must take after her mom, talent-wise.... :poke: :D

Monkus
August 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Must take after her mom, talent-wise

:rotflmao:

Congrats Strum, I have a feeling this will be the first of many, make sure to have someone record it so you can post it!

piebaldpython
August 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......just sayin'....:thwap: ...but if somebody could quick whip up the Forum's new logo onto a flag........then we'll know for sure who Nicolle Strum is, right? :poke:

Or.....if she can simultaneously twirl a flag and one of your gits, then we'll recognize her right away too. :AOK:

Oh yeah, we'll all tinkled pink for you and the Mrs...proud parents as well you should be. Kids generally don't get to be that special without a good dose of parental love and involvement. :master:

BTW......how's the new dog? :D

just strum
August 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
BTW......how's the new dog? :D

Getting big, at 16 weeks she hit 30 lbs. Extremely smart, but stubborn. I don't know if I already noted this, but she watches every move you make. When I go out the side door, she would watch and then one day I see her standing on her back legs with her front paws wrapped around the door knob. She has a large crate that she sleeps in and one day we caught her after she had unscrewed a few of the wing nuts that hold the two halves together.

I'm starting to believe that this picture wasn't staged by this Airedale's owner.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/2481355444_ee78794dcc.jpg

mrmudcat
August 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Congrats brother on behalf of your daughter......tell her I said great job!!

evenkeel
August 8th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Way cool Strum!!!

just strum
August 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
She's at practice right now and it's closed to the public, so I will have to wait until she gets home to hear how it went.

marnold
August 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Cool! I was going to watch anyway--now I have extra reason to. I'm very happy that football season is back! I get to wash the taste of 0-16 out of my mouth. Plus it means that NHL training camp starts next month! Huzzah!