PDA

View Full Version : Advertise the Forum?

ibanezjunkie
May 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
maybe we should get members to advertise thefret on other forums, like secretly.

not many people here, i have noticed. hardly anyone online before about half 8 at night (GTM)

oldguy
May 24th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I guess you should explain your idea in more detail....... 'cause to me it sounds kinda like spamming..................maybe you mean something else.

player
May 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
maybe we should get members to advertise thefret on other forumsalready have and few crossed over already. :AOK:

just strum
May 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I guess you should explain your idea in more detail....... 'cause to me it sounds kinda like spamming..................maybe you mean something else.

Ditto

ibanezjunkie
May 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
well, i mean, i use a couple other guitar forums, that quite frankly suck..i quite often drop the URL of thefret into my posts on ultimate guitar.

sort of, subliminal messaging, but its not subliminal...im making them click out of interest, just because i mentioned it...

hmm, i think i might spam youtube...no one seems to care there.

ragnarpk
May 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
if you mention it on youtube, someone is gonna get offended, somehow, and call you a queer. no matter what you say on youtube, thats what happens. its inevitable.

Rocket
May 24th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I'm probably the last person anyone would expect to hear this from but:
You've posted your suggestion... it's being read... now, best to leave FretNet advertising decisions to Robert & the Mods... it's his forum and their cumulative job to act on member suggestions or not.
I recall a pre-New Year thread where Robert was asking for member suggestions for FretNet.
(IMO... unsolicited advertising on forums & other websites is not really the best "positive" method, especially when it is delivered in the form of spam.)

bigG
May 24th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I'm probably the last person anyone would expect to hear this from but:
You've posted your suggestion... it's being read... now, best to leave FretNet advertising decisions to Robert & the Mods... it's his forum and their cumulative job to act on member suggestions or not.
I recall a pre-New Year thread where Robert was asking for member suggestions for FretNet.
(IMO... unsolicited advertising on forums & other websites is not really the best "positive" method, especially when it is delivered in the form of spam.)

Agreed!

Tibernius
May 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
not many people here, i have noticed. hardly anyone online before about half 8 at night (GTM)

That'd be too early for the US crowd and the UK ones will be at work/college/uni (delete as required).

just strum
May 24th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Replace

Ray with Robert

Baseball with guitars

__X7ybW9Ljg

Robert
May 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Replace

Ray with Robert

Baseball with guitars

"innocent as children" huh? :pancake:

Well, you can mention thefret anywhere you want really, but I have no intention of asking members to go out and "spam" or advertise thefret on other places. That would be unethical and just plain wrong. However, if you mention this place on other websites in ways that don't seem spammy and obnoxious, I can't see anything wrong with that. Besides, wou wouldn't be sent by me - you'd be acting out of your own free will, so there you go. :)

Rocket
May 24th, 2009, 11:15 PM
...you'd be acting out of your own free will, so there you go.
Ahhh, free will... I vaguely remember what it's like. I can also recall that it never was really free, (but did become cheaper as the years rolled!)

just strum
May 25th, 2009, 04:41 AM
"innocent as children" huh? :pancake:

Well, you can mention thefret anywhere you want really, but I have no intention of asking members to go out and "spam" or advertise thefret on other places. That would be unethical and just plain wrong. However, if you mention this place on other websites in ways that don't seem spammy and obnoxious, I can't see anything wrong with that. Besides, wou wouldn't be sent by me - you'd be acting out of your own free will, so there you go. :)

ok, replace

innocent as children with immature adults and one child.

tot_Ou_tard
May 25th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Ahhh, free will... I vaguely remember what it's like. I can also recall that it never was really free, (but did become cheaper as the years rolled!)
You may not have it, but the subatomic particles popping in & out of existence that you call your body do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will_theorem

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S23/75/58A30/index.xml?section=featured

Perhaps they will advertise The Fret & you'll just go along for the ride.

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Well, I figure we have quite a lot of new members recently. So it works without "spamming" other forums. I think it's better if dedicated and serious players go on a search for a good forum and find the Fret themselves. Robert is pretty popular over on youtube and from there people surf dolphinstreet...the rest is known science...

In the end we should leave such decisions to Rob and the ModCrew.

ibanezjunkie
May 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
i hope this place gets as big as UG, without the idiots that raid that place because it has 'the pit'.

Spudman
May 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I actually prefer quality over quantity.

tot_Ou_tard
May 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I actually prefer quality over quantity.
Too late. ;)

luvmyshiner
May 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i hope this place gets as big as UG, without the idiots . . .

Too late.;)

just strum
May 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
without the idiots that raid that place

Too late.;)

tot_Ou_tard
May 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Too late.;)
Too late. ;)

luvmyshiner
May 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Too late. ;)

I see what you did there!:AOK:

oldguy
May 26th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I see what you did there!:AOK:

Yeah, but it's never too late to see it!!
:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:
:D :D :D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Spudman
May 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Too late. ;)

I never said that we actually had quality. I just said I preferred it.:poke: :pancake:

ibanezjunkie
May 27th, 2009, 02:35 AM
yeah well, it takes a little longer to get a question answered here, but its always a much better answer, that makes sense, from someone with experience. Not a 12 year old idiot who loves his MG.

just strum
May 27th, 2009, 03:33 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/canofworms1.jpg

ibanezjunkie
May 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/canofworms1.jpg

erm, i dont get it?:poke:

oldguy
May 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM
It's an open can of worms...........

marnold
May 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
That might be an America-specific figure of speech. Opening a can of worms means getting into something that will be quite controversial and may result in broken guitars, damage to drywall, and sissy slap-fights.

mrmudcat
May 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Agreed.... Marnold.....but it starts out sissy slap fights then broken guitars causing damage to the drywall:punch: