PDA

View Full Version : Guilty GAS

Mr Grumpy
May 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I know perhaps I shouldnt, but I have serious GAS for one of these.....they look weird but they FEEL fantastic - the best neck Ive played for sure. I give you the Burns Steer

www.burnsguitars.com/steer.php

Is it wrong?

Katastrophe
May 24th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Nope. Not wrong at all. Go for it!:AOK:

luvmyshiner
May 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Mr. Grumpy, a lot of folks don't much care the way my D'Aquisto looks, but it's the sweetest guitar I own. I say, if it makes you happy and you play more often, go for it.:beer:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/My%20DAquisto/P3240001.jpg

bigG
May 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I know perhaps I shouldnt, but I have serious GAS for one of these.....they look weird but they FEEL fantastic - the best neck Ive played for sure. I give you the Burns Steer

Is it wrong?

You have to please yourself, man. I learned a long time ago that if I like it, that's all that matters. If that's YOUR guitar, the one you want, and you've seen it and played it, I say buy it NOW! Don't give a damn about what others think. If you're playing it, and it's your dream and it sounds great, others will fall in line and, likely, be jealous! (Unless, like some people, it has to look like a Gibson or a Fender and have a known name on the headstock - I won't mention any names.) :rockon:

I like the looks of it. I've always been partial to buying something "different"...something that not everybody else owns. Makes you feel special, if you know what I mean. Go for it, man! Like Jimi said: wave your freak flag high!!!! :AOK:

Childbride
May 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Is it wrong?

if she speaks to you, and she inspires you to play, then it's never wrong. just an issue of financing. ;)

just strum
May 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I agree with the others, if it's what you desire, go for it.

Brian Krashpad
May 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
If you like it, hit it!

I've always thought they were albeit w/some reservations about the headstock.

Never played one. That's the bottom line.

F*ck what anybody else thinks. Srsly.

oldguy
May 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I agree, if it appeals to you, go for it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's what makes us individuals, don't be intimidated by the collective mindset of the faceless masses, be yourself.:)

Spudman
May 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM
That looks like a bottle opener on the headstock. :AOK: How many guitars can do that? I say go for it.:dude:

sunvalleylaw
May 25th, 2009, 11:08 PM
If you like it, go for it. It is about your personal expression. A buddy of mine and i were talking today about opening that direct line from one's immediate feelings to one's expression in a song. If this helps you do that, go for it.

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 01:13 AM
if she speaks to you, and she inspires you to play, then it's never wrong. just an issue of financing. ;)

+1
If the finances allow you should go for it. Years ago I have read a great review on that guitar. Burns guitars are great anyway, just take a look at their Brian May Model, it's a perfect job. You know, buying an exotic guitar can be highly inspiring. I once brought a steel guitar home that I had borrowed from a friend. Three weeks I played that thing and dove into a completely different world of music.

Make that baby yours! ;)