PDA

View Full Version : Pls cross your fingers - Saturday might be NGD!

Jimi75
May 25th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I took a long Gibson Les Paul seeking journey. Played that Traditional GT again and I like the fat binding now pretty much. The guitar sounds absolutely great. Well, a friend of mine works at that shop and he talked the guy in the guitar department down by 360€! I now have a fantastic price offer for the Traditional GT. Plus, tomorrow I will receive their offer for my ESP Eclipse via email. If everything goes right I will go there on saturday, hoping they still got that Traditional (they do not reserve guitars) or at least 1-2 other Traditioanl GTs so that I can carry home my first realy Gibbie LP. Please cross your fingers for me, so that my endless Gibson LP threads will stop *lol*

marnold
May 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Sweet. If you get it for that deal, the Altbier is on you!

Brian Krashpad
May 25th, 2009, 04:07 PM
"Viel Glück!"

Blaze
May 25th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Active visualization could be effective here ,see yourself play that Gibbie in your thoughts...

Robert
May 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Here you go

http://www.sc.iitb.ac.in/~janas/Fcros.jpg

luvmyshiner
May 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Sweet Jimi! Here's hoping you find your dream guit my friend.

oldguy
May 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Okay........for a good friend.........best of luck, Jimi, I know you want that LP.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_1154a1b2c4196c03.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1110)

Spudman
May 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
May the force be with you.:dude:

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@OLDGUY: That's soooooo coooool with that picture!!!!

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Sweet. If you get it for that deal, the Altbier is on you!

I put some of the spent money aside for when you visit Düsseldorf the next time...so that we can have a huge Altbier Drinking Party right down there in the Altstadt.

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Thanks for crossing your fingers....I just received the offer and it's a shame what they offer...I kind of understand it, I mean they have unbelievable cash flow, so why should they bother with 2nd hand stuff?

Well, this means I have t go the Ebay way...

I'll come back with the NGD story, soon.

ZMAN
May 26th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I don't know what the taxes are like in Germany but they are a big factor in trade ins in Canada. We have a 13% total tax on purchased goods.
The money that you get from the trade in comes off the top and you pay the balance plus tax.
Most guitar shops will give you 75 to 80% of the price they will sell it for.
So for trade ins I always add 13% to the amount I will get on trade, and that sometimes make the deal sound better.
If you sell privately or through Ebay you would have to make sure you can cover the offer including taxes, in what you get from the sale.

Jimi75
May 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Will meet a guy tonight who wants to buy the ESP. He sounds serious and wanted to meet still today - he's a member of a German guitar forum where I sometimes post. The price has been fixed already and it will be enough for me to go get the LP GT on saturday.

He promissed serious interrest in the guitar...so if he doens't change his mind and likes the guitar...then saturday will be NGD.

:AOK:
J75

Brian Krashpad
May 27th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Will meet a guy tonight who wants to buy the ESP. He sounds serious and wanted to meet still today - he's a member of a German guitar forum where I sometimes post. The price has been fixed already and it will be enough for me to go get the LP GT on saturday.

He promissed serious interrest in the guitar...so if he doens't change his mind and likes the guitar...then saturday will be NGD.

:AOK:
J75

Sehr gut!

Fingers still crossed.

Blaze
May 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I can already hear your clip..

Viel Glück !

Jimi75
May 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM
SOLD the ESP yesterday. :D The LP GT is no longer a dream! Now only the shop has to have 1-2 models at hand so that I can chose and buy on saturday.

Algonquin
May 28th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Good luck on the search Saturday. Hope there is something on hand in the shop that rocks your socks!

Cheers :beer:
David

Kazz
May 28th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Good luck shopping Saturday Jimi....I hope to hear clips when we get home Saturday or Sunday from our vacation. The Kazz fandamily has been in Myrtle Beach South Carolina since last Saturday.

(well actually Pelion SC on Saturday and Sunday and then we arrived in Myrtle Beach Monday afternoon) We leave MB Friday afternoon, head back to Pelion for the night and then bright and early Saturday morning we head back home to Indiana. 12 hour drive roughly.....but the vacation has been a blast so far.

Kazz

M29
May 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Eik muse auften gloe! I hope it comes out good Jimi!!

M29

stingx
May 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Someone's going to be a very happy poster in a very short while. Standby for happy dance!

Jimi75
May 29th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Tomorrow, 8.30h, my son and I drive to Cologne, wait for the shop opening at 10h, hopefully 11h exit Jimi75 plus little Jimi75 with a nice Gibson Black Snakeskin case, in which a beuatiful Gibson LP GT sleeps her still virginal and innocent sleep, until she will be aroused by the roar of a steaming Marshall JTM45, who will be her Master of tone for the next couple of years, until her Gold looks decrepit and her wooden body has been beaten through many concerts until finally giving that warm, typical sound that we all love.

Blaze
May 29th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Tomorrow, 8.30h, my son and I drive to Cologne, wait for the shop opening at 10h, hopefully 11h exit Jimi75 plus little Jimi75 with a nice Gibson Black Snakeskin case, in which a beuatiful Gibson LP GT sleeps her still virginal and innocent sleep, until she will be aroused by the roar of a steaming Marshall JTM45, who will be her Master of tone for the next couple of years, until her Gold looks decrepit and her wooden body has been beaten through many concerts until finally giving that warm, typical sound that we all love.
:drool::dude: :drool: :R :drool:

mrmudcat
May 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Amen brother///////////////// .....................preach it :DR

Had to change guitars to the paula !!!!!!

sumitomo
May 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM

I don't thing you'll get a wink of sleep.:rockon: :bravo: :AOK: Sumi:D

ZMAN
May 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Sumi you beat me to it. I was going to say you might as well leave now and camp out. Becuase you won't get any sleep at all.
Good luck and enjoy the crap out of it!

oldguy
May 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Best of luck to you, Jimi!:AOK:
Find the one that makes you happy..........:D
Take your time and make sure it's the one you want........:pancake:
Don't let anyone else influence your purchase.......:poke:
Don't second guess yourself once you've made a decision......:whatever:
Rock out on the best axe you find..........:rockon:
Come on back here and give us the good news.......:AOK:
We'll all say "Congrats", and celebrate w/ you........:beer:
and finally.........only you and I will know the secret.......;)
:rotflmao: