PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened to me today at GC

birv2
May 25th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I went to the Memorial Day sale. Not much there I was interested in, or could afford. So I did my usual thing: pick up a Squier and noodle through various Fender amps. I like noodling, since I live in an apartment and rarely get the chance for uninterrupted louder volume noodling. I also choose Squiers because I figure if it sounds good through the amp, then it's a good amp. Not that Squiers aren't good! It's just that they're $700 cheaper than the Standard US strats.

So there I was noodling and this guy came up and complimented my playing and said it sounded like a $2000 guitar from across the store. :D Nice compliment.

He was looking at Telecasters and asked me if I would play a couple of Teles for him to help him decide. First a BSB Affinity Tele, which is the one guitar I don't have that I want to get someday. Then a $950 thinline Fender Tele. I swapped them out a couple of times. They both sounded great, and I pointed out that it was apples and oranges, since the thinline uses HB's. In either case, I thought the Affinity sounded very good, and the thinline did not sound 6 times better. He bought the Squier and we exchanged phone #'s to get together and jam sometime.

How about that?

luvmyshiner
May 25th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Very cool Birv! Nothing wrong with playin' a little guit and meeting a new jam buddy on your day off.

Spudman
May 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
That's great he used you to be objective about his purchase and made friends along the way. Cool. I just hope he isn't a stalker.:messedup:

M29
May 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Oh my:eek:

Viking Power
May 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
See GC is in fact evil! J/K. Sounds like a cool day.

Jimi75
May 26th, 2009, 01:10 AM
That's something nice that happened to you. People in music stores are always too shy. I say, never walk alone into a store, take a friend with you or ask some guy in the store who also maybe plays better than you to play the guitar/guitars you would like to buy. We can all only make ourselves a subjective opinion on a certain guitar. Seeing someone else playing it, shows you the real character of the instrument.

I think it is pretty cool that you played the guitars for that guy! Thumbs up!

:AOK:
J75

Kazz
May 26th, 2009, 04:33 AM
That's great he used you to be objective about his purchase and made friends along the way. Cool. I just hope he isn't a stalker.:messedup:

or a shiner.....

Brian Krashpad
May 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Cool!

birv2
May 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
or a shiner.....

a what??

Spudman
May 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM
a what??Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
or a shiner.....

It's a term that refers to a hedonistic bohemian that preys upon young women.

Kazz
May 27th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
or a shiner.....

It's a term that refers to a hedonistic bohemian that preys upon young women.

Yeppers that is what I was going for....