PDA

View Full Version : Positive GC Review

Viking Power
May 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Illustrious Fretanatti,

Had a great GC experience the other night. The Peavey Vypyr 15 that I had purchased was giving me problems. Not turning on when switched on and then intermittently turning on when switched on (make sense?). Brought said Peavey in to GC and let them know what was up. Salesman thought he might be able to fix it with a factory reset. Unsuccessful. Then asked me what I would like to do. Did I want a replacement? Did I want something of equal value? I then told him that the Peavey was pretty confusing to operate even when it did work (for a noob like me!) and that maybe I should look at a Line 6 or whatever he might suggest. He showed me the Line 6 and then offerred that the Line 6's are generally easier to use and more durable but that for $99 the Peavey is just ridiculous as far as versatility. I hmmmed and hawed and then this fine gentleman asked if I'd like him to do a run through of the Vypyr to explain/demo the features. I said sure that would be great. Well, in 5 minutes he did a better job of showing me what that amp was capable of then I had been able to determine from the owner's manual or my limited playing of it. He also did a thing that although quite simple, was exactly what I needed.........he showed me how to cancel the effects knob and just use the clean and distorted versions of the various amps modeled. Totally duh kind of moment :poke: but the best thing anyone could have done to open that amp up to me. Now, I can jam while keeping things simple and move on to more effects as my comfort level increases.

I left with a brand new unopened Vypyr 15 and a smile on my face!:rockon:

Not all GC employees are evil. Some genuinely like to help you out.:AOK:

oldguy
May 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Glad to hear you got it resolved. The fact that someone helped you learn the controls and how to get the sounds out of it is great.

bigG
May 26th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Good stuff, Viking! Glad to hear positive stories like that :AOK:

Monkus
May 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Glad you got a good experience at GC, I'd have to find a genie lamp to get that ... !