PDA

View Full Version : Old friends visit

Blaze
May 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I m a bird lover for quite some time ,this morning these guys arrived and they re here for the season.. They come every year for 6 years now ..:bravo: :AOK:

Cardinalis cardinalis

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Cardinal%20002c.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652/Cardinal%20001a.jpg

Robert
May 27th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Nice birds. Must be dangerous - looks like they are about to eat your sandals?

Jimi75
May 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
You sound happy telling us this. I think it's great. In our last holiday last month, we had a kestrel nest across from our balcony, so I observed them while relaxing on our balcony...it felt great! Imagining, having these animals come back regularly sounds cool to me.

Blaze
May 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
You sound happy telling us this. I think it's great. In our last holiday last month, we had a kestrel nest across from our balcony, so I observed them while relaxing on our balcony...it felt great! Imagining, having these animals come back regularly sounds cool to me.

Yep ,make me feel good , i installed bird tables few years ago and we can watch about 12 to 15 differents birds species from the house..
Our first Tree Swallow couple had just finished their nest in a bird house i built,nice too watch them ..
Learned to identify bird s songs, that s a pretty music,it can be inspiring too ..
It s a world that makes you disconnected from the brutal reality..

Childbride
May 27th, 2009, 07:22 PM
:)

Blaze, i'm a bird lover as well. i have two mating pairs of cardinals this year that come to feed at my feeders.

i know that call immediately. :D

street music
May 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
WE have several pair of cardinals here at our place plus hummingbirds, doves, and finch of several colors.

oldguy
May 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the memories, Blaze...........when Dee and I got married 13 yrs. ago, it was outdoors, and cardinals were singing all through the ceremony.......all the music we needed.
We were married on a huge deck, in a state park. The deck was built around a giant tree that was very, very old. That's where the ceremony was held.
Everyone gathered, we were wed, and immediately split for Colorado! No pomp and circumstance, no drunken reception........made to to Colorado in 10 hrs. Fun!

We now have cardinals, finches, hummingbirds, orioles, bluebirds, and others eating in our front yard. And of course, fireflies visit in the evenings.
What a treat, nature is awesome.:D