PDA

View Full Version : Opinions? Ibanez Jet King JTK30H...

bigG
May 27th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Well, I've got the GAS again! Been looking at this guitar for a few weeks online. Love the retro look of it. Kinda like a Fender Jaguar, w 3 oblong ports on upper rear bout (semi-hollow). Definitely not like what everyone else and his brother owns. Local dealer has it for same price - $399.99.

Here's Ibanez page on it:

http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-JTK30H

Just returned from local dealer. Played it, checked it...love it! The neck is magnificent (except, being a retro style guitar, the upper frets are a bit difficult to access - the heel is huge). Two noiseless soap-bar single coils!

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Spudman
May 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I've played some of the newer mahogany bodied Jet Kings and I thought they sounded great acoustically. I never plugged any of them in. That one looks pretty cool. I haven't found any mahogany body guitars that I liked single coils in though. If these pickups are more like P90s then that might be okay. I certainly would check one out before buying it.

sunvalleylaw
May 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I looked at one when I was first shopping for electric guitars. I liked the one I tried. I am not sure how well the current models stack up. I thought the one I tried gave a good variety of tones and was pretty versatile, and pretty cool!

mrmudcat
May 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
It is a semi hollowbody so might think about feedback...I like my p=90's noisy.........:rotflmao: Is there any other way:AOK: :beer:

They look cool;)

sumitomo
May 28th, 2009, 09:19 PM
It looks cool,but quiet big singles?I have one of those rondo axes with the big singles(p-90)and it sounds really good in all my amphs as where my tele with the buckers does not sound good at all in the fender bj this baby sings.I like the sound hole idea maybe it will give ya that feed growl at lower vol.Sumi:D

Mr Grumpy
May 29th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Ive never had a try on one but I do like the look of it very much.