PDA

View Full Version : New lesson up today! Swinging Blues Lick

Robert
May 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
This is a type of lick I often play. Made up a lesson for it last night. Uploaded it as an HD video, so it should at least look decent once processing is completed.

How do you like this one?

q8Cw8UAD9P8

bigG
May 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Robert, nice use of the blues minor pentatonic "box"!

And as always, great in-depth lesson! :bravo:

M29
May 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Awesome Robert that is opening up a lot for me!! Thanks a million:rockon:

Oh...more veins man more veins.......:AOK:

M

Robert
May 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks, guys - but sorry about the veins! I forgot to cover myself up! :thwap:

piebaldpython
May 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Great lesson as usual Robert. I like that you say what string/fret you are playing. Many instructional vids are not that explicit.

oldguy
May 29th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Cool lick, Robert! Thanks for sharing that one with us. I need to practice on it when I get time.:AOK:

Jimi75
May 29th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Well done Robert! Good explanation, accurate playing and the most important...a lick that one can use!

murph
May 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM
robert, great lick and it helps and it helps me learning to play "up the neck" a little bit. I especially liked the explanation of fret and string as piebaldpython said, most videos don't do that.

Murph

mrmudcat
May 30th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Well I'll complement the video quality of the lesson:bravo: Since no one else has;)

guitartango
June 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Robert

You should get a job doing Lick Library lessons, at least your vids look pro and you don't make mistakes. Keep up the good work.

bigG
June 1st, 2009, 01:15 PM
To anyone who hasn't purchased Robert's tutorial 2 DVD set for very little money: whatcha waitin' for -get on it and order them! Great, USABLE lessons and licks, high quality vid and audio...you know who you are! :poke:

www.dolphinstreet.com - Order Now, such a deal! We can't possibly sell this quality product at such low prices for much longer...but wait, not just one DVD...act now and we'll send two, that's right, two DVDs for one low price! (Can't you just hear that on late-night TV...:D )

snarph
June 2nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
that is a variation of one of my standard out of no where goodies very nice it is niffty little stock things like that that can make a passage a lot more fun and it transfers down the neck so easy as well