PDA

View Full Version : someone please give me opinions on my speakers...

ibanezjunkie
May 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM
well, my marshall cab is loaded with some of the last uk made celestions...

this is the exact model...found on a website listing N.O.S stuff:

http://www.chrisguitars.com/speakers-celestion-g12l-35-2.jpg

opinions on these? recon i should replace them? they sound pretty good to me, wondering what other people have experienced with them...

ted s
May 28th, 2009, 03:40 PM
No experience with'em. If they sound good to you, leave them alone.

mrmudcat
May 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Id keep them in ,should be pretty seasoned by now !!!

There are still some celestion speakers made in the UK brother!;)

This is from Celestion.

On October 5, 2007:

At Celestion all our guitar speakers are designed in the UK. We still manufacture our “premium” speakers, the Heritage Series G12M, G12H and G12-65 and the Celestion Blue and Gold in Ipswich. The remainder are manufactured in our own factory in China. They are made by well-trained staff who using exactly the same machines. Standards of quality and consistency of this product are as high ever, as I’m sure thousands of our customers would testify.

So if you want new UK made Celestions you have to pay More

G12H Heritiage ........$219
G12M Heritiage ........$194
G12-65 Heritiage.......$180
Celestion Blue Alnico .$279
Celetion Alnico Gold. .$289

mrmudcat
May 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
One more thought. These were the forerunner to the rocket 50.They were the very basic/budget speaker in the celestion line as is the rocket 50 nowadays in my humble opinion. They are broken in which should make them sound better and ive heard nothing but good things about them.I am sure you know though the cheaper ones could sound flubby or the opposite shrilly all depends on your ears and what tone you hear in your head:thwap:

They are still better than most as they are celestion and UK made good reviews:AOK:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Celestion/G12L-35/10/1

ibanezjunkie
May 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM
well before last week id never thought about opening up the old valvestate cab to see how it was loaded, but i was happy when i did.

atleast i know im running my blackheart through a worthy set of speakers.

Gutmann
June 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi, I had a 4x12 cab by Hughes & Kettner loaded with the G12L35. In my opinion, those are very good sounding speakers, somehow close to the Greenback. Less aggressive than the V30 and way more bluesy mids than the G12T75.
They have a very small magnet - That is what the L stands for. Another thing is, they have a low sensitivity - that makes them sounding less loud compared to others. They where used a lot to make loud amps more gentle.

I liked them very much for overdriven, bluesy sounds with an articulated, round midrange.

Good speakers - keep them!