PDA

View Full Version : Larrivee Clip

Algonquin
May 29th, 2009, 01:31 PM
A quick clip using a Larrivee LV-03re with a SM57 positioned about the 12th fret pointing back at the soundhole.
http://www.box.net/shared/g9uzim6jjf
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7214a2025cec0baf.jpg
Cheers :beer:
David

sunvalleylaw
May 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Beautiful guitar, and very nice sound David! I guessed from the clip when you posted it on FB that you had mic'd it. It would be interesting also to hear it recorded through its onboard electronics to compare. Needless to say, I am just a bit jealous. Congrats!

60's guy
May 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Oh my!

That's a beautiful looking guitar and I like the fact that it didn't sound bass heavy or did you EQ the clip?

oldguy
May 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Very nice, David. Thanks for sharing the clip, sounds great, and a good looking acoustic as well.:)

bigG
May 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Very nice, David! Beautiful guitar! Sounds smooth like a Martin, but w a bit more twang...not quite as dark, if ya know what I mean. :AOK:

Algonquin
May 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the comments Folks... really appreciate it. :beer:
I haven't had this guitar a week yet, but it's a great little acoustic. I've got to do some more recording to get better at it. The mic went straight into the toneport with little or no EQ'ing after the fact. I'm finding that an acoustic is a nice way to sit and figure out song melodies...

I think I'm going to go play some guitar now.

Have a good evening!
David

oldguy
May 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
David,
I'm really glad you found an acoustic that you liked. :bravo:
You got a bargain, IMHO.;)
The clip sounds great, and you may find you play more now that you have such a nice instrument to practice with.:D :D :D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

markb
May 29th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I can't decide whether L'arrivee L models or Gibson southern jumbos (aka slope dreads) are the perfect all round acoustic. They're both very strong candidates.
Lovely guitar, David.

Algonquin
May 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks Mark, I wish I knew too.

For many on us, we're subject to what's available for us to play in our little region of the world. For today's post, there's no better than, there's only what's at hand... and a Larrivee L series fits the bill for me right now. This isn't to say that i woludn't enjoy a good parlor, or maybe a Forum III guitar that's been getting lot's of attention.

SuperSwede
May 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
David thats a really sweet acoustic tone!

tot_Ou_tard
May 31st, 2009, 05:14 AM
Larrivée est arrivée!

Sounds sweet 'gonq.

helliott
May 31st, 2009, 08:37 PM
Lovely sound, lovely looking guitar, too. Sounds like a dreadnought --very big. Can't wait to hear more.

baldgit
June 1st, 2009, 06:16 AM
Larivee's are nice guitars,and you have a good one.....sounds and looks great......If I ever get a job I'd would like to get one!

Robert
June 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
Congrats Dave. Larrivee make great acoustics, and that one sounds good.