PDA

View Full Version : Tech21; Trademark 30/60 owners

piebaldpython
May 29th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey Trademark 30/60 owners.........as some of you know I have a Behringer GM110 V-Tone which is a clone of the Trademark. However, nowhere in the instructions did it list any combination of "settings" to achieve certain sounds/tones.
I know the Trademark gives settings or there is a site for same. Anyone care to share their favorite settings???? Thanks.

wingsdad
May 29th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Pie,
If you haven't found this, go here, on the T21 website:
T21 Manuals (http://www.tech21nyc.com/support/index.html)
Hit the drop-down list and scroll down to Amplifiers to find & download/save the Trademark 30 manual. On p. 7 are sample settings.

The settings are just starting reference points, to get you in the 'hood, because 'what comes out' is gonna depend on what guitar you're using.

The T60 is totally different. It doesn't use the SansAmp matrix and eq's like the T30. It's 2 channels, one with a variable 'Fender' character, the other a variable 'Brit', Marshall character. Those brand name tags are both generalities, because they can be coaxed into more than those 2 flavors. It also has a much bigger Accutronics tank.

markb
May 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
As above. Consider the TM10/30 (same front end, different power and speaker) as a recording/practice tool. It's a modified Sansamp GT2 with a power section.
The TM60 is designed more for live use (but works great in the studio) with its multi-function footswitch and distinctly voiced channels. I set mine up so it's like having a blonde Fender turned up to breakup point on channel 1 and a Marshall plexi' on channel 2. The boost function takes care of solos. I've often used a tremolo or chorus across the (footswitchable) loop for a neat onstage package.

piebaldpython
May 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Just printed out the recommended settings. At least that will give me something to go on. I'm pretty shocked that the GM110 instruction manual was as brief as it was re settings and explaining the knobs and how they function.
The GM110 has an active EQ and well, it would have been nice if they gave you a clue as to how best to use it.

wingsdad
May 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Pie,
Behringer manuals are more about 'what's what' and such, and because they're translated from (i suppose) German into different languages, can be downright confounding in English or maybe any other than German. I wouldn't know.

That said, T21's are written in New York American English for Americans to understand first, and for others to follow along.

How to use the EQ? That's a whole discussion and debatable topic in itself.

In general, the settings you use with your HB32 2-humbucker guitar that sound 'good' will give you a much different sound if you were to plug in a standard Tele or Strat single coil pup type guitar with those exact same settings.

In another thread, you asked about how to use the vol/tone controls on your HB32. All I'd offer at this point is for you to try some T30 settings on your GM110, with your guitar's controls 'dimed', full-on at 10, to start. Then experiment with backing any or all of them off down in various degrees in pickup combos and listen to the changes as your guitar interracts with the amp. One thing that may be dramatic is what happens to a 'dirty' sound with the guitar's vol control(s) at 10 when you back it(them) down to around 7. You're reducing the output gain of your pickup signal(s) going to the amp and things should not only get quieter, but a cleaner, less overdriven.

And that's just a start...

markb
May 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Pie,
Behringer manuals are more about 'what's what' and such, and because they're translated from (i suppose) German into different languages, can be downright confounding in English or maybe any other than German. I wouldn't know.

I suspect Chinese to English (possibly via German). About as successful as this famous phrase book (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_As_She_Is_Spoke) :)

SuperSwede
June 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM
And dont forget www.engrish.com !! :D