PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition Custom Telecaster® FMT HH

MAXIFUNK
May 30th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I have been a Bass player off and on for the last 30 plus years.
But in December I bought the Special Edition Custom Telecaster® FMT HH

In Amber I love this Guitar great tone coil tap to split the hum bucklers with a Set Neck. I highly recommend this axe. $669.00 currently at most outlets.

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0262000520

the specs:

Model Name Custom Telecaster® FMT HH
Model Number 026-2000-(Color #)
Series Special Edition Series
Colors (520) Amber, (538) Crimson Red Transparent,
(561) Black Cherry Burst, (Urethane Finish)
Body Mahogany, with Carved Flame Maple Top
Neck Mahogany, Set Neck, Modern “C” Shape,
(Gloss Urethane Finish)
Fingerboard Rosewood, 15.75” Radius (400 mm)
No. of Frets 22 Jumbo Frets
Pickups 1 Seymour Duncan® SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus Humbucking Pickup (Bridge), 1 Seymour Duncan® SH-1N RP ‘59 Reverse Polarity Humbucking Pickup (Neck )

Controls Master Volume, Master Tone with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature
Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
Machine Heads Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Hardware Black Chrome
Pickguard None
Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
Width at Nut 1.625" (41.3 mm)
Unique Features Cream Colored Top Body Binding, Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays, Matching Painted Headstock, Graphite Nut
Strings Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel,
Gauges: (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042),
P/N 073-0250-003
Accessories None
Case None
Introduced 1/2003
Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

I also picked a used LINE6 FLEXLINE III WITH PEDAL for $400.00 (brand that would cost $1000.00) very cool 1st guitar rig.

:rockon:

TS808
May 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM
My younger brother has one of these in crimson red transparent...I agree...solid axe with great tones. The black chrome hardware also is a great addition.

ZMAN
May 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I had one in the black cherry burst. I liked the guitar at first but it seem almost toylike. I liked the tone and the push pull single coil options was great.
The reason I traded it was that it had an extremely flat radius (15.75) and with the jumbo frets it seemed hard to play. The set neck was nice but over all it seemed almost was very slim. They were made in Korea by Cort and they the fit and finsh was absolutely perfect. I liked the verstility and I traded it on a 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat, so it went for a good cause.

marnold
May 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Nice guitar! My Showmaster is another one of the Korean-made Fenders. It also has the set neck, jumbo frets, and really flat fretboard.

Duff
December 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I just ordered one of these Fender SE Custom Tele FMT Telecasters in black cherry burst today for 580 out the door at a local dealer.

I am looking forward to this guitar. I played a Showmaster a few times and I really like it. The tele version looks nicer IMO. A local GC has a used Showmaster for 299 I should look at.

Decided to seriously consider selling off most of my inexpensive guitars that I have accumulated and replace them with higher quality guitars. My CV's will not be going anywhere.

I just picked up my new Fender American Stratocaster sss in blizzard pearl, sort of like shoreline gold, and had a copperish snakeskin pickguard put on it to super great effect. I don't like the vibe of the plain white pickguards on most strats and think a more complimentary colored or textured one really improves the visual appearance.

Next I'm thinking about getting a really nice LP or LP copy and have been drifting toward an Agile AL3000MAP or 3000 or 3100.

Brian Krashpad
December 25th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Next I'm thinking about getting a really nice LP or LP copy and have been drifting toward an Agile AL3000MAP or 3000 or 3100.

In addition to the Agiles, don't forget the DeArmond setneck M-series, based on the old Guild Aristocrat/Bluesbird. The Gold Tone DeArmond pickups are made in USA (in the Fender plant), guitars MIK.

Here's an M-72 I used to own:

http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/532/Honey.jpg