PDA

View Full Version : The LAST thing you played?

ibanezjunkie
May 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
well, ive been out most of the day, but i was jamming to bulls on parade earlier, i enjoy a little bit of wah.

what was the last thing you guys played/jammed to?

mrmudcat
May 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Ive only had a chance to noodle around in the blues genre lately ya know penatonic scale runs etc.etc. to suffice for a lil rehabbing..........gearing up and packing to move has kicked my arse lately:master:

Gear today candy tangerine tele american deluxe....straight through to a ......marshall v/m on low dynamic range boost off :dude:

Yesterday was 84 custom shop explorer stock in plumburst with original dirty fingers. Same amp setup and for high output pups I was in blues heaven which was really a nice surprise.:AOK: (m/v on amp maxed, turned down volume on guitar 4-5) This amp responds well to knob manipulation:rockon:

marnold
May 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Last thing I played all the way through was either "Livin' after Midnight" by Priest or "Walk, Don't Run" by the Ventures.

Jimi75
May 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM
"Stop" by Joe Bonamassa (his version of the song).

thekiwidisciple
May 30th, 2009, 06:30 PM
"Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd.

bigG
May 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
mud, you're moving? Man, I think I hate moving more than anything! I feel for ya, brother! :thwap:

Today I was just riffing on an Am7 1-4-5 pattern. Minor blues pentatonic improvs. Thru my brand new Peavey Delta Blues 210, fed w my brand new Peavey HP Signature EXP. A mighty potent combination, thank you very much! :)

markb
May 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Some bluegrass. Gibson J45, Shubb capo, flatpick.

bigoldron
May 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM
mud, you're moving? Man, I think I hate moving more than anything! I feel for ya, brother! :thwap:

Today I was just riffing on an Am7 1-4-5 pattern. Minor blues pentatonic improvs. Thru my brand new Peavey Delta Blues 210, fed w my brand new Peavey HP Signature EXP. A mighty potent combination, thank you very much! :)

Dude, don't hate it for Muddie! He's finally coming back home to the South! That's one move I'd joyously pack for. 'Course, I'm not planning on moving North any time in the near LIFETIME either...

It's about time he moved back to Georgia (or Alabama or wherever he's settling).

mrmudcat
May 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Dude, don't hate it for Muddie! He's finally coming back home to the South! That's one move I'd joyously pack for. 'Course, I'm not planning on moving North any time in the near LIFETIME either...

It's about time he moved back to Georgia (or Alabama or wherever he's settling).

Damn straight Ron .Georgia out on 20 west couple exits pass douglasville;) Big G im a native floridian and rebel but have been lost on a maine mountain top for almost 9 years.im a fish out of water .........although we are in a vacation lake area its just to damn cold brother!!

Sorry to derail the thread tommorow is Allman sunday and the Dover race...yea im a redneck:rotflmao:

bigoldron
May 30th, 2009, 10:08 PM
No apologies necessary, Brother! Charlie Daniels, said it best, "Be proud you're a Rebel, 'cause the South's gonna do it again!" Truer words were never spoken...

ibanezjunkie
May 31st, 2009, 04:57 AM
last time i moved, the amp i used to have busted 4 tubes, my guitar (USED to be a fender tele) neck got snapped in 2 places and my cabinet was dented on the front top edge.

damn student movers.

i sold the guitar for about £30 to a guy who wanted the parts.

sold the amp and bought my ibanez. (shhh the rectifier was dodgy after the fall, and the output transformer was damaged.)

ShootTheGlass
June 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Last thing I played was a bunch of lessons that a friend gave me, written by Steve Morse.

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
The last thing I played was "Having An Average Weekend" (probably better known as the theme song for The Kids in the Hall)

Kazz
June 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Tesla - Song and Emotion

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2009, 03:50 PM
This morning I was working on my "Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World" project in a lesson, using cool 7ths, 9ths and even a 13th chord. But the last thing I played all the way through was "Gravity" which is my relaxing at night, jam along regular.

rkwrenn
June 4th, 2009, 05:54 PM
'People Get Ready' by Curtis Mayfield. Also been looking at the Jeff Beck version with Joss Stone on vocal.

I'll be playing that in Church this Sunday.

Cheers,

Bob

jasongins
June 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
867-5309 Jenny

just strum
June 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Improvising.

I have one that I am working on that is some simple chords pulled together, some of which were accidentally discovered and eventually I would like to record and fill in some lead.

Also taking Knocking on Heavens Door and trying a little something different with it (eventually it probably won't be Knocking on Heavens Door).

Taking this approach allows me to get lost in the playing and leave this world for a period of time.

Jimi75
June 5th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Last thing I have played before I went to bed yesterday was this song. Played to Sean's video trying to figure out the parts.

CY7Zp6wa3Oc

Jipes
June 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Last stuff that I play was a blues number with my trio Mojo, we play Early in the morning from Junior Wells ;)

Ro3b
June 5th, 2009, 07:17 AM
We've had massive soul-withering monsoons in DC lately, so last night I pulled out the ebow and the whammy pedal and made unstructured droney noise for about an hour and a half. It seemed appropriate.

Robert
June 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Last night I played at the open mic and last song we played was probably the country tune Hell and High Water.

R_of_G
June 5th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Last thing I played last night was Bob Dylan's "The Man In Me".

Suhnton
June 5th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I usually just play my own music, which has probably more to do with me being too lazy to learn covers. But yesterday, I had a bash at The Sea and Cake's "Crossing Line".

Monkus
June 6th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Did a backing track of Wind beneath my wings in D major for a friend to do tonight at a family gathering. Personally, trying to arrange How deep is your love for fingerstyle acoustic.

R_of_G
June 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Last night the last thing I played was Herb Alpert's "Spanish Flea" because I had it stuck in my head.

tsmonaghan
June 6th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Lenny Kravits

Monkus
June 7th, 2009, 05:51 AM
'People Get Ready' by Curtis Mayfield. Also been looking at the Jeff Beck version with Joss Stone on vocal.

I'll be playing that in Church this Sunday.

Cheers,

Bob

Check out the eva cassidy version here... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqtdNxOs00)

better late than never ...just realised its Sunday :pancake:

rkwrenn
June 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Check out the eva cassidy version here... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqtdNxOs00)

better late than never ...just realised its Sunday :pancake:

WOW! Wonderful - thanks Monkus.

Many Cheers!

Bob

Algonquin
June 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I've been in 'acoustic' mode for a couple of weeks now, so the
last thing I've played (over and over) is by Neil Young.
Needle and the Damage Done
k0t0EW6z8a0
The man has written and recorded a lot of great music, and this
happens to be one of my favourites.

Brian Krashpad
June 9th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Sunday night we had a Crash Pad practice since we have a gig tomorrow night. So we played our setlist, of the songs on our myspace "Labor Day" and "Cops and Punks" are 2 songs in the list. We also played some Ramones song, but I forget which one.

Sunday in church I played three songs on bass. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is "My Savior, My God:"

8iSVF2XM7yQ

Our version rocked a bit harder though.

:dude:

Perfect Stranger
June 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Actually, I think it was Locomotive Breath. I was testing a Damage Control Solid Metal pedal.....