PDA

View Full Version : 3 band eq on ts808

majwild1
May 30th, 2009, 04:12 PM
This maybe a dumb question but I have a keeley modded ts808 and I'm still not happy with it, years ago I had a nobels odr-s which is the same as a odr-1 but with the 3 band eq. Now I loved that pedal you could really define the tone, now is it possible to modify a ts808 to have a 3 band eq?

TS808
May 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM
This maybe a dumb question but I have a keeley modded ts808 and I'm still not happy with it, years ago I had a nobels odr-s which is the same as a odr-1 but with the 3 band eq. Now I loved that pedal you could really define the tone, now is it possible to modify a ts808 to have a 3 band eq?

I don't know if you could mod a TS808 for a 3 band EQ, but how about an EQ pedal in the loop or a BBE Sonic Stomp?

Griffin
May 31st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Anything is possible. You could probably splice in a Marshall tone stack in there but you wouldn't have room for the added pots. You would probably have to rehouse it.

markb
May 31st, 2009, 03:43 PM
Adding an equaliser won't put back the bass taken away in the TS circuit. I'd be shopping for a different pedal if I had those requirements. There are lots of ODs based on the TS with modified eq sections. Search for the ones that claim to allow you to tune the mid-hump.

If you can stand a slightly different flavour of OD, try a Marshall Guv'nor. It could be just what you're after.

schenkadere
June 4th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Adding an equaliser won't put back the bass taken away in the TS circuit. I'd be shopping for a different pedal if I had those requirements. There are lots of ODs based on the TS with modified eq sections. Search for the ones that claim to allow you to tune the mid-hump.

If you can stand a slightly different flavour of OD, try a Marshall Guv'nor. It could be just what you're after.

good call on the Guv.

duhvoodooman
June 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM
good call on the Guv.
+1. The Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor Plus has the best EQ controls I've ever come across on a pedal. The 4 controls (Treble, Mid, Bass & Deep) are very effective. The pedal has a lot more gain on tap than a TS808--I'd consider it more of a distortion pedal than an overdrive--but you can always keep that dialed down.

schenkadere
June 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
+1. The Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor Plus has the best EQ controls I've ever come across on a pedal. The 4 controls (Treble, Mid, Bass & Deep) are very effective. The pedal has a lot more gain on tap than a TS808--I'd consider it more of a distortion pedal than an overdrive--but you can always keep that dialed down.

I actually wish they'd remove the Deep...it's too much.

markb
June 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
You can build a kit based on the original Guv'nor or just wait for one of the old ones on eBay. The "deep" control only appears on the GV-2 model.

GGG Guv'nor clone (http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=24&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45)

Auriemma
June 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
A TubeScreamer with a 3 band EQ?
That would be like a Ibanez MT10 MOStortion.

http://www.gtp.com.au/pksmusic/mediumimages/IMT10.jpg

schenkadere
June 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Out of the hundreds of boutique builders out there making thousands of TS808 clone derivatives, I'm sure exactly what you're looking for exists.