PDA

View Full Version : FS -- Allums modded SD1 -- PRICE DROP

birv2
May 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM
This was done with Monte's GT-1 mod.

$60 paypal and shipped to the lower 48.

His description:

Boss SD-1 GT DIY Pedal Mod Kits - This is my third mod for a Boss SD-1. This mod is built around a 2N3440 Transistor. A 2N3440 Transistor in this circuit, along with a few other tweaks here and there, transforms this pedal into an absolute tone monster! This mod combines the positive qualities of my first two SD-1 Mods to create an unbelievably great overdrive. The SD-808 is one of my personal favorites. Some say it's the best SD-1 mod available. The SD-1 GT is more transparent than either of my other two SD-1 Mods. It has a very slight mid boost which helps you stand out in a mix. But the real magic happens in the upper frequencies. If you've ever played a vintage Script Dyna Comp or Ross compressor you've experienced the magic that happens in the upper range of those pedal and give them the magic that pro players rave about. That same magic is present in my SD-1 GT Mod. Note clarity is the best of any pedal mod I sell to date. My RAT 2 Fat Rat Mod comes very close but the GT has a tad better note clarity. Think early Led Zepplin Tone here.

I've also incorporated two switches into the SD-1 GT Mod. One switch adds presence and gain while the other switch toggles between Asymmetrical (Boss) and Symmetrical (Ibanez) Clipping. There are a ton of tonal options available here. Want clean boost. No problem. Want note articulation and clarity. No problem. Want smooth creamy overdrive. No problem. Want a combination of them all. You got it. Very versatile Mod that offers a wide pallet of tonal colors. To add a little icing on the cake I am including the extremely popular and quiet OPA2134PA Burr Brown op-amp. So, you thought the SD-808 was a great mod? Wait till you hear the GT!

It does fit his description! I bought the pedal new and did the mod with a friend who works in electronics and used to do amp repair for a living. It's been in my smoke-free house and has only been out for a couple of jams. I really like it but have to get rid of some stuff to make room for a couple of other pedals, and since I have 3 TS clones, one of them had to go. As he describes, you can get the whole range of overdrive sounds out of this pedal. It's also a bit brighter than a regular TS.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_21164a21e2b96596f.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1116)

birv2
June 11th, 2009, 09:19 AM
midweek bump

Robert
June 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Sounds like a great deal. Why are you not keeping it?

birv2
June 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
It surely is a great deal, but it's a cash flow thing. If I get new gear, I have to unload old gear. I got a 1spot and and Danecho, so something had to go. Since I have 2 other good OD pedals, this one leaves the nest!

But it is a very sweet pedal.

Bob