PDA

View Full Version : Better sounding videos coming...

Robert
June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
I bought a Canon DM-100 shotgun style microphone for my camcorder. It should make my future videos SOUND much better! :bravo:

I'll be putting up some new test videos pretty soon, but the microphone probably won't be here until a week or so from now.

bigG
June 2nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
Robert, what was the deciding factor in choosing the Canon over the Sennheiser? I would have thought the Sennheiser, w their illustrious history of great sound reinforcement.:confused:

Robert
June 2nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
The deciding factor was the shoe - the DM-100 fits right on there, while the Sennheiser would need some extra doodad for that. Or so I have heard. I went with the safe bet. I am sure the DM-100 is good enough for my needs.

bigG
June 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Very good! Just wondering...:)

stingx
June 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
With compression used to put the videos on the web what difference does it make, really? For home burns of HD to DVD or Blu-ray yeah but for clips to post on the web I don't see the value in it. I'm curious for a compare/contrast though.

Robert
June 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
There is much less noise with the external microphone, and I am making DVDs from the video material, which is the main reason I am buying the microphone. I will obviously know more after I've tested it out for a while.

Algonquin
June 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Will the new uploads utilizing the DM-100 be avaiable with YouTube's HD?
Maybe then I'll finally be able to see those dang settings **Shakes old guy fist in the air :reallymad: **

Robert
June 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Yes, algongquin. It will sound so good that you will be able to see any settings.

Robert
June 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I got the microphone today. I am quite impressed, theres' a lot less noise and hiss and the audio sounds better overall as well.

It comes with a furry windcover, which makes it look like there's a dead squirrel attached to the camera! :eek:

I will try and post some videos soon. Always hard to figure out what to come up with when the camera is rolling though...

Algonquin
June 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Congrats!... New stuff arriving in the mail is fun,isn't it! :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

sunvalleylaw
June 8th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, algongquin. It will sound so good that you will be able to see any settings.

Good!! Cause all your fancy noodling you have been posting sounds like kaka most of the time! I can't believe you made me listen to it. ;)

Monkus
June 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
... sounds like kaka

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

marnold
June 19th, 2009, 06:47 AM
sounds like kaka
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Kaka061115.jpg/225px-Kaka061115.jpg
I've never heard him play.