PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bulldog

aeolian
June 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
The hobby band I'm in have been practicing this Beatles' song. Here's a recording from a practice session a few weeks ago.

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/bulldog.mp3

Algonquin
June 2nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Another great post in the Members Clips section :AOK:
I'm not familiar with that Beatles tune Aeolian, but I'm glad to hear you and your band playing it!

We not only need more posts in this section, we need to diversify and get more Fretters posting what they've got.
Cheers :beer:
David

M29
June 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Sounds great aeolian! What equipment were you using? Gitar, amph? Were you using a fuzz?

Very nice indeed!

M

just strum
June 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Great song to cover. I'm not a sound tech, but I would backdown on the vocals a little.

Bottom line, I like it.

helliott
June 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
White Album, right? It's my favourite album of theirs. Abbey Road, Let It Be and Revolver being the others. Very brave and cool cover of a song. Most people wouldn't try it, but you guys sound like you're having fun with it.

aeolian
June 3rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sounds great aeolian! What equipment were you using? Gitar, amph? Were you using a fuzz?

Very nice indeed!

M

Thank you for the kind words. We are 4 people who so far just play for fun, we have a drummer who plays an electronic set, a bass player who also does vocals, myself on guitar and some vocals, and a keyboard, guitar, lead singer. We practice at the singer's house because all his instruments (he uses 3 keyboards and an electric guitar) are plugged into his computer through an input device. He uses Cubase to assign the instruments from his input device, so the bass, drums and my guitar all go in there too. From there we go out to monitors and amp/speakers. This is not a typical band setup but that's what we have. Listening back I hear the drummer playing both his drumset and tambourine at the same time, and the singer is playing multiple keyboards (which he does on almost every song we do).

My setup is guitar to Orange Squash compressor, Fulltone FulldriveII, J-Station then to the computer input device. I take different guitars depending what I feel like playing, from the sound of the recording I know it is my Heritage H535 with flatwound strings.

White Album, right? It's my favourite album of theirs. Abbey Road, Let It Be and Revolver being the others. Very brave and cool cover of a song. Most people wouldn't try it, but you guys sound like you're having fun with it.

Hi Helliott, the song is actually from Yellow Submarine. Since we only play for ourselves we choose what we enjoy playing; can't say that our songs make a very coherent set though. But we don't care.