PDA

View Full Version : Great Blues - Mike Bloomfield

Jimi75
June 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I just start to discover Mike Bloomfield and I pretty much like his style! He was absolutely awesome. I think his tone is awesome.

smRXnyUWktg&feature=related

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Bloomfield is the man. His work on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is still some of my favorite Telecaster tone ever. I have some of his blues stuff as well and it's all excellent.

piebaldpython
June 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I have couple of his solo CD's. Some really great stuff. Great phrasing and great tone. What was a shock though......was that he was a phenomenal acoustic guitarist too. Absolutely amazing stuff....as though he only played acoustic. Other than possibly Stephen Stills, I can't think of any "star" electric guitarist who could play like he could on an acoustic.

mrmudcat
June 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
His work on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is still some of my favorite Telecaster tone ever. .

Mine too!!:master:

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
His work on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is still some of my favorite Telecaster tone ever. .

Mine too!!:master:

His work on the whole album is masterful, but it's "Tombstone Blues" in particular that knocks me out every time. Bloomfield is a big reason that album is in my top 2 Dylan albums.

mrmudcat
June 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Believe it or not it is my only Dylan album:thwap:

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Well, if you're only going to have one Dylan album, that's a pretty darn good choice. :D

markb
June 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
His work on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is still some of my favorite Telecaster tone ever.

Oh, yes! Like this in fact

WMxJFsyR85o