PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine RIP :(

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
This made me very sad.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3KmZFEq9g-4F_ZxPfKjOP99Q-xwD98JTAGO0

Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

BANGKOK (AP) — U.S. actor David Carradine, best known for his roles in the 1970s TV series 'Kung Fu' and the Kill Bill movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital Bangkok.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-lead actor. He said Carradine died either later Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not reveal further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the newspaper The Nation, citing unnamed police sources, said Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room, and is believed to have committed suicide.

Spudman
June 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
That is pretty sad.

Robert
June 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
That is sad news indeed.

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Very sad. I always liked his presence on the "small screen" in Kung Fu, and any time I would see him later on any screen.

R_of_G
June 4th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Being the Tarantino fan that I am, I thought Carradine was absolutely brilliant in the titular role in the Kill Bill films. Many other actors may have seen Bill as a one-dimensional caricature, but Carradine brought a sense of depth to the character that really added heart to Bill's side of the story. We just watched it again not long ago (to celebrate QT's birthday) and this time around his performance really stood out to me as something special.

street music
June 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think this is really socking news, I can't believe he did this.

oldguy
June 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
That's sad. I enjoyed his acting.

Spudman
June 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I think this is really socking news, I can't believe he did this.
Maybe he didn't. It was Bangkok after all.

street music
June 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
That's my thoughts too Spud, I just don't see that as his way of doing things.
Death by honor would have been a sword to the stomach.

Childbride
June 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
this makes me very sad as well.

there were certain shows on in the 70's that came on around my bedtime, and kung fu was one of them.

it caused me deep thought as a child, and i appreciated deep thought.

the first pet i remember having was a cat that we named
grasshopper after the series. that cat lived to be darned near 20 years old; she was still alive when i was in undergrad. mom put her down b/c of cancer issues.

i love the kill bill movies; i see my inner uma thurman. we talk.

i can't fathom that there isn't more to the story.

Caine, you inspired a young child. i am sorry you are gone.

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Ditto to what you said CB.

Jimi75
June 5th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Very sad.

Carradine was impressive in Kung Fu, although I always felt that he "stole" the role from Bruce Lee who was intended to play the protagonist. Carradine also left some deep impression with his role in "Norht & South" (was it called that way in the States?)

oldguy
June 5th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I, too, thought it odd he would commit suicide........he seemed to have his act together, but you never know. In any case, I just read this.

On the wire this morning...............

"Following reports that David Carradine hung himself in his Bankok hotel room, the actor's rep is speaking out, saying that the "Kung Fu" star would never have taken his own life.

Talking to Entertainment tonight, his rep states, "David would never have taken his own life, he would never have committed suicide and the investigation is at the highest level to find out the cause of the death." "

Full article here.............

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=412699&gt1=28103

piebaldpython
June 5th, 2009, 04:39 AM
I'm pretty sure the "scandal sheets" will get to the bottom of this in short order. Loved him as Caine and Kill Bill. RIP

Kazz
June 5th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I really hope they find out this was something other than a suicide. I have been enjoying David's work on the History Channel in Wild West Tech which is a series where they explain how allot of the old west weapons actually worked and dispels some of the myths associated with it.

street music
June 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM
The scoop is coming out and just as I suspected he was made to look like a suicide except for the second rope tied around his privates. Could be call girl, robbery setup.

R_of_G
June 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The scoop is coming out and just as I suspected he was made to look like a suicide except for the second rope tied around his privates. Could be call girl, robbery setup.

Interesting because I read that the Thai police said they've looked at the closed circuit security camera footage from the hallway and nobody other than Carradine came into or out of his room for many hours before or after the time they estimate that he died.

Now, that may or may not be the truth. I suppose in time we shall see.

As sad as it is, it sounds to me like accidental suicide from auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

Suhnton
June 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
As sad as it is, it sounds to me like accidental suicide from auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

This sounds the most plausible to me.

Spudman
June 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Apparently it's not suicide.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The independent forensics expert who examined David Carradine's body says the actor didn't commit suicide, and Carradine's brothers are asking for understanding as Thai authorities investigate.
Keith and Robert Carradine say they're grateful for the outpouring of support during what they call a "profoundly painful time." In a statement read Thursday in Los Angeles, they also thanked U.S. and Thai authorities for their work.

The family also released a statement from Dr. Michael Baden (BAH'-den), who said Carradine's death wasn't a suicide. He said further information from Thailand is needed for a final determination.

Carradine was found dead a week ago, hanging in a closet of a Bangkok hotel room.

sunvalleylaw
June 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
So I wonder do they mean he did not intend to commit suicide and accidentally died from the auto-erotic practice, or that it was a murder made to look that way. Hmm.

Not much detail here: http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/407127_tvgif11.html