PDA

View Full Version : Second attempt to present myself :-)

Jimi75
August 9th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Okay, I know I posted my forst post somewhere wrong, so take a second attempt....sorry for my "dumbness...."

I am Jimi75 from Germany, I am 31 years old. From my early ages on I have worked for Fender Musical Instruments in Germany. Anyway, as I needed a break from all that everyday music and so on, I quite in 2003 and now I am just a "normal" sales guy in the electronical branch. So I have more time for my wife and my beautiful two kids.

My main influences are Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Robin Trower, all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on.....

I have played tons of sessions with players from around the world and I have been around the world with Fender, so I guess I have a heavy bag of experiences ( as many others, too on this board...)

Musically, I am very active, playing with bands, sessions and from time to time I still do some studio jobs....

My Equipment is:
Line 6 Flextone 2 and 3 ( yes, I sold all my Fender Amps, but I had them all...)

62 Custom Shop Strat, RW Neck

Jimmie Vaughan Strat, customized by Andreas Bernd. Handselected wood and TX Special Pick Ups, Relication and Pin Up, Maple Neck

Standard Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Strat, but with the neck of the tribute strat, I love the big headstock and the fat black writing on it.....

ESP Eclipse I ( Les Paul Style ), Vintage Honeyburst with Vintage Seymour Duncan PUs

Pedals ( I love them, more than this digital complete solutions but they cost me nerves, I swear.......)
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Standard Cry Baby
Roger Mayer upgraded Wah Red Lion
Dunlop Univibe with Footcontroller
Ibanez TS 9 Tube Screamer
Daddy O Danelectro
Danelectro FAB Overdrive
Please do not think that I use them all......it really depends on my mood....:o

That's it for now
Jimi75

Robert
August 9th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Hey welcome Jimi75! Looks like you will fit right in here!

Got rid of your Fender amps for some Line 6 amps eh? I take it must really dig the Line6 II and III - have you tried the Vox Valvetronix?

I'm looking for a good Strat myself, so maybe you can tell me which of your Strats is your favourite?

SuperSwede
August 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome Jimi! Another european :)

Spudman
August 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Guten tag und welkommen.
I hope you'll enjoy hanging out at the fret and will share some of your experience with us.
Rock on!

Jimi75
August 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Hey welcome Jimi75! Looks like you will fit right in here!

Got rid of your Fender amps for some Line 6 amps eh? I take it must really dig the Line6 II and III - have you tried the Vox Valvetronix?

I'm looking for a good Strat myself, so maybe you can tell me which of your Strats is your favourite?

Hello Robert and thanks for the warm welcome on your board...
Yeah I must really give those Valvetronix a chance and try them as soon as possible.....

I dig my Line6 amps. Carrying around my '59 Bassman and my Custom Vibrolux Reverb plus all of my pedals was a real "moving day" for each gig :-)

You really want to know my personal opinion on a good Strat?
Go for the Mexican Classic Series 50s and 60s NOT THE 70s ( the Strats, not the Teles!!!! ). Just change the pick ups to either 57/62 vintage or either Texas special and you will have the best tool in the world to work with. Do not touch the Highway 1 series....For the really best Teles go Japan DLX build in the early 90's with three single coils and reversed electronics....favorable rosewood neck, the maples were so and so.

Greetz
Jimi75

Tim
August 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Welcome Jimi75. Hmm. I heard that name "Jimi" before. I am sure you will find the Fret Net your new home. Enjoy. I will be reading your post to learn from someone more talented and playing longer than me.

duhvoodooman
August 10th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Wow! A real Fender guy! Looks like you have much to share with us fellow Fretters. Welcome, Jimi.

Nelskie
August 10th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Welcom to the fray Jimi75. I am happy to finally see another Line 6 player in our midst. One of my favorite playing rigs is a PODxt into a Tech 21 Power Engine (60W) - the results are most inspiring. ;)

Jimi75
August 10th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Welcom to the fray Jimi75. I am happy to finally see another Line 6 player in our midst. One of my favorite playing rigs is a PODxt into a Tech 21 Power Engine (60W) - the results are most inspiring. ;)

Hi Nelskie,

I have been playing their stuff from 98 on, so almost from the very beginning. I think it is important to find equipment that you are happy with. My opinion is that the whole modeling technology was a step into the future with the Flux compensator to average players like myself. A steady source of inspiration....

tot_Ou_tard
September 8th, 2006, 07:31 PM
My main influences are Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Robin Trower, all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on.....
Jimi75
Sooooo who are all the Kings, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Gales and so on...?

Yes Voodoo, I know that God invented Google that I can *look* things up on the net (which I will do) but I'd love to hear Jimi 'splain who they are & why he likes'em. Oh & welcome!

I still say that God invented Google for the stock options.

Oh, by the way. My mother in law is German. She lives in Munchen.