PDA

View Full Version : Meet Hailey, Idaho

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Got out for a quick hike on a hill near my house that has a good view of town. Boy, it is about as green as it gets!

Have a look. If you size (slider on lower right) the shots so they line up three across, the first three make a panorama of Hailey. Ketchum and Sun Valley are up yonder to the north (right in the pics) toward the heavier thunderstorms and clouds.

Hailey from Quigley Hill:
http://gallery.me.com/sunvalleylaw#100069&bgcolor=black&view=grid

just strum
June 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Looks great there Steve. The pics you and Spud take of Idaho make me want to pack up and head west. Since that isn't going to happen, I guess I'll pop a potato in the micro.

Spudman
June 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice shots of Carbonate and Aspen.:)

It's super green here too. It's been raining for the last 4 days. It's amazing! It's never this green in June here.

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Looks great there Steve. The pics you and Spud take of Idaho make me want to pack up and head west. Since that isn't going to happen, I guess I'll pop a potato in the micro.

Nothin' wrong with a good baked spud! Yah, it is pretty nice, and I love it when it is wet. It is the high desert and so it is a treat to get a few days of rain.

street music
June 7th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Sun, that is a very pretty area, like Strum it would be nice to visit the west but I would have to sell the house to afford enough gas to get there and back. I have to ask about the ole dog, what is it? VIZLA maybe?

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks Street. That is Aspen, our Viszla, who will be 13 this July. She is a good ol' girl, but getting a bit spoiled in her old age. ;) :)

It is a very nice area to visit and in which to live. The area pictured is about 11 miles south of the Sun Valley ski resort and Ketchum, the ski town at its base. Not to spam, but I will throw out there that we will be renting a home to vacationers starting at the end of the summer. Spud and fam stayed there one. My MIL is vacating her beautiful home she had built about 10 years ago in favor of moving in with us, into quarters she is building on to our place.

As always, if a fretter comes this way to vacation, I sure would like to meet up with them, and the first bev is on me! :beer:

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I went up Carbonate, the ridge you could see in the pics I posted yesterday, and took some shots showing Hailey from the other side. Again, if you move the slider, you can make the first 4 pics show a panorama, this time when there are 4 across. You can see south from the airport around to the north and up toward SV and Ketchum. This is the same ride Spud and I did a while back.

Hailey from Carbonate Ridge:
http://gallery.me.com/sunvalleylaw#100094&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=1

In the second pic, you can see the hill I was on yesterday. It is the smaller pyramid shaped one on the south (right) of the screen above the alfalfa fields. In the sixth pic, you can see where my house is, in the upper right of the pic.

The rest show some of the flowers that are out now (the indian paintbrush is just going off!) and some views.

I am thinking I will start something like a virtual travel log thread where we can link shots showing points of interest or whatever from where we live. It would be fun to see the areas various fretters call home.