PDA

View Full Version : Avatar G212H Traditional Cab...WOW

TS808
June 7th, 2009, 06:21 AM
I got my Avatar cab yesterday to use with my Bandmaster VM Head.

Here are my impressions:

First, the build quality is excellent. I ordered the cab in the Fender style; black with silver grill cloth. The cab is heavy, sturdy, and very well done cosmetically with chrome corner protectors and closed back. Everything on the exterior is flawless. I don't know how Avatar does it at the prices they do....$369 for a loaded cab? Unbelievably good. The Bandmaster VM cab sells for $350 and you get the stock Celestion G12-80P speakers (basically Celestion 70/80 speakers), so for $19 more, you get a cabinet with the choice of the speakers that YOU like.

Second, I ordered mine with Celestion G12H-30 speakers. I spent a good 90 minutes playing yesterday and although the speakers aren't even close to being broken in yet, the sound is warmer than my Crate v212T cabinet. I think this was a good speaker choice for the Bandmaster VM, and the Celestions really shine with a nice overdrive, almost giving a "fuzz like" tone at higher distortion levels.

I'd highly recommend the Avatar cab not only in terms of quality, but also price...and it was delivered in 5 days.

oldguy
June 7th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Glad you like it!
That sounds like the exact same cab I bought from 'em, except mine has one Vintage 30 and one G12.
They are built well aren't they? I think Avatar cabs are a bargain considering what you get versus what you pay.

TS808
June 7th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Glad you like it!
That sounds like the exact same cab I bought from 'em, except mine has one Vintage 30 and one G12.
They are built well aren't they? I think Avatar cabs are a bargain considering what you get versus what you pay.

I agree...I was really surprised how well the build quality was. I had an 18-watt amp with a Mojotone cab, and although the Mojo cab was nice, it was a bit flimsy in some spots (back panel) and the tolex covering wasn't as well done.

Great bargain from Avatar for sure!

ZMAN
June 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Just after Christmas I saw an add for an Avatar cab on a local buy/sell website. Apparently a guy had ordered a 212H premier and also got one as a Christmas gift. At that time you could upgrade to an Eminence Legend speaker. I picked it up brand new in the box for 400 Can., and it was two blocks from my home.
I just love the tone from this cab. I have hooked it up to all of my amps bt it sounds best with the Marshal DSL401. The Eminence legends are excellent speakers. It is built like a tank and mine is black with black. When it was shipped there was no Avatar logo so I called them and even though I was not the original buyer they sent me the medium script for free.
I dealt with the Canadian distributor and they were great to deal with.
With the birch ply cabinets and the metal handles and corner protectors I don't think you could get a better built cab for anywhere near that money.

P.J.
June 11th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I still dig my Avatar cab w/ a Celestion Blue in it that I use w/ my THD Univalve. Avatar is great stuff for the money and I found their customer service to be top notch.

=-) PJ

Ascension
July 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I have a pair of them both Traditional 2/12's. A Red one with Vin 30's and a Blod Oxblood with 75's. Super bang for the buck well made and just plane GREAT sounding cabs:AOK: !!!