PDA

View Full Version : Video clip - my SX strat with Fender CS '54s

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Here is a clip from my now hotrodded SX SST 62 el cheapo Strat copy. I think the guitar now sounds 10 times better. Let me know what you think.

I also sanded the back of the neck and I oiled it with Tru-oil, and used 0000 steel wool to finish with.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-21.php

I did a quick edit of a quick take I over my lunch break, and at one point in the clip I'm checking my watch to see how many minutes I have left before I have to return to work. Thought that was funny! :rolleyes:

SuperSwede
August 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM
supersweet! I think it stands out with those black pups too :)

t_ross33
August 10th, 2006, 10:03 AM
That is just too freakin' sweet from an el cheapo git :cool: Now I'm jonesin' for an SX strat again! Once again, you are blazing trails and showing us how it's done! I'm really gonna have to make a drive out your way one day. Maybe some of that mojo will rub off on me.

Keep up the good work, brother.

Trev

Tinky-Winky
August 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
That sounds fantastic Robert! Wow, even with the nice pickups it's a reasonably priced guitar. That's got a nice tone. It also seems to have good sustain, more than that mexican squier.

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys! Yes, I think it now sounds much better than the Squier strat I have. The body has got some great wood in it.

Yeah, Trev, come on over for a jam!

Jimi75
August 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM
This thing really sound very good. But one should also bear in mind that your playing is excellent! A friend of mine always said: John McEnroe would beat you with every racket in the world, even if it was the shittiest one :-) True I think.

Anyhow, you are showing ways to get a superb sound on a budget. Thanks for that, and punk to all those boutique players *lol*

SuperSwede
August 10th, 2006, 11:48 AM
So the squier is back to factory pups?

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I put the SX pickups in the Squier. They were much better than the stock Squier pups (it's 10 years old, my Squier strat).

SuperSwede
August 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Ah, the squiers werent top notch back then.. So how did the squier turn out with the new sx pups?

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM
The Squier actually sounds quite good too through that 10w SX practice amp I got. I gave both to our middle daughter.