PDA

View Full Version : Let's start the week with great music

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM
...and listen to some Mark Knopfler - what a smooth start on a monday, he?!

9XVVZPefbR4

bigG
June 8th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Nice choice, Jimi!

I've always preferred guitarists with taste and texture to speed wizards. Knopfler, Gilmour and Santana always come to mind. And that is how I'm approaching my journey into lead guitar playing (I know speed is necessary when called for, though, as do the aforementioned).

(Interesting story: I owned a record store in the late 70s, when Dire Straits' first album was released. Sultans of Swing was getting tons of airplay, and EVERYONE was rushing into my store asking for the "new Bob Dylan album" ! Of course, it was the new, first Dire Dtraits album! Sold boxloads of that disc! And so a legend began! Same story abt the first Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers album, and the first Van Halen album! Man, those were great times, and I loved those albums! And sold just tons of 'em!)

sunvalleylaw
June 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Jimi! That was nice!

just strum
June 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I know this is a bit of a downer, but a close friend of 15 years passed away yesterday. This song somehow hits a spot for me. I'm listening to the CD as I type - great selection and timely.

Let me bid you farewell, for every man has to die.

ted s
June 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear this Mark, best thoughts.

sunvalleylaw
June 12th, 2009, 09:24 AM
And let's finish the work week with some more good stuff. Found this by looking at the links in the one Jimi posted. I hope you enjoy it. Watch it in HQ if you can.

z2nQZPC2uTs

msteeln
June 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Yep, everyone thot Dylan had reinvented the wheel with Sultans, only to find out we suddenly had a new set of heros to worship. Quite glad, as Dylan has kept doing his thing and KnopflerCo has been great at theirs.

street music
June 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-JyAGUsys&feature=related

I like this one.