PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix murdered?

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 05:11 AM
This is really interesting. Jimi's former roadie claims that Jimi's ex manager Michael Jeffrey's....well read it for yourself. According to what people say about Michael Jeffreys....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/hendrix-murdered-by-his-manager-says-former-aide-1693583.html

ZMAN
June 8th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Wow! I never heard that one. It would be pretty hard to substantiate since the alleged murderer is dead. It never states whether he collected on the policy or not. Interesting the piece about the drowning in red wine.
I was wondering how Jimi was out cold enough for him to dump all these pills and wine down his throat?

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Wow! I never heard that one. It would be pretty hard to substantiate since the alleged murderer is dead. It never states whether he collected on the policy or not. Interesting the piece about the drowning in red wine.
I was wondering how Jimi was out cold enough for him to dump all these pills and wine down his throat?

To answer your question, he collected the policy of 1,2 million GBP.
That could be the reason for his Bahamas accounts. This information told by the roadie is brandnew. We should not forget that Jeffreys was involved with the Mafia and it could have been a deadly deed for the roadie to speak about what Jeffereys told him. Maybe now after so many years it was possible, who knows.

Robert
June 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Never heard that before either, but it would not surprise me. They could have waited longer before killing him though - he would only have been worth more!

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Never heard that before either, but it would not surprise me. They could have waited longer before killing him though - he would only have been worth more!

In Jeffreys's eyes they couldn't wait longer, because Jimi threatened to seek another manager. Jeffreys said that Jimi was now more valuable to him dead than alive as long as he was the manager. Had jimi changed the management the life policy had been invalid.

Blaze
June 8th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Jeffrey,was he also Janis and Morrison's manager ? ;)

Robert
June 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
And why did the roadie wait this long to tell this story? Ahh, now that is the really interesting question...

marnold
June 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Lemme guess, he has a book coming out?

*checks article*

Affirmative.

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
And why did the roadie wait this long to tell this story? Ahh, now that is the really interesting question...

Starts with M ends with afia.

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Lemme guess, he has a book coming out?

*checks article*

Affirmative.

Yes hes has, I was at first also thinking that this is a publicity thing, but after reading some stuff on this case I do not believe so.

R_of_G
June 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Perhaps it's comforting to conjure up conspiracy theories in cases of accidental suicide. People can find some solace in the idea that Hendrix was murdered (and the outrage that may engender in them) rather than think that someone so talented was a victim of his own over-indulgence. I think the same thing is being seen today with those who want to read a conspiracy into the death of David Carradine. Accidental suicides are tragic and shocking. It's comforting for people to think something else may have happened.

Or maybe he really was murdered and this guy just didn't feel like talking about for 39 years.

More than likely, it's Marnold's publicity for a book theory at work.

ibanezjunkie
June 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM
didnt hendrix die my inhaling his own drug-rich vomit?

Jimi75
June 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
didnt hendrix die my inhaling his own drug-rich vomit?

If you call wine and rice as drugs, well then....okay he took some sleeping pills...

just strum
June 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
We had a discussion on another forum about Hendrix tribute albums - consensus is they haven't stopped murdering him.

msteeln
June 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
As much as it sucks to have lost the greatest rock guitarist that will ever live, I've always felt there wasn't much left for him to do, as the 70s were bound to be a real drag for him and the 80s/90s even worse. He'd of had to disappear and regenerate himself to keep depression from setting in and inspired, or else he would have probably killed himself, and if not the end would have been even worse than the supposed truth we've known.

He came to us at the right time and wrote the book on how to rock like a God, then went somewhere else to blow some more minds.

R_of_G
June 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
As much as it sucks to have lost the greatest rock guitarist that will ever live, I've always felt there wasn't much left for him to do, as the 70s were bound to be a real drag for him and the 80s/90s even worse. He'd of had to disappear and regenerate himself to keep depression from setting in and inspired, or else he would have probably killed himself, and if not the end would have been even worse than the supposed truth we've known.

Listening to the sessions with Larry Young, I have to disagree. They show a whole world of possibility open to Jimi outside of the mainstream "rock" world. Had Jimi lived, it's quite likely he and Miles would have worked together as they'd planned. Given the greatness of Miles' 70's work, I think it wouldn't have dragged too much for Jimi to be involved in some way.

msteeln
June 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yes, he would have continued with some worthwhile things, but it may very well have been a road of deminishing returns until he became extremely frustrated. He already was frustrated, always saying he was going to do this and that, while never really getting into those things because mgt. was determined to pidgenhole the guy, wanting him to keep reviving 1967. Plus the majority of fans, the fair weather kind, were not eager for a new/jazzy/? Hendrix, they too had him pidgenholed and many young fans were just becoming experienced by the older wild stuff. So the Miles and whatever else ventures would have been a hard row to hew for him. One aspect that I agree he was ahead of his time was that he didn't have enuf freedom from mgt. some artists have now to fully control their desires. Led Zeppelin were among the very first of Jimi's era to have that kind of freedom and be able to control most aspects of their art/product, and few others had the guts/power to do it afterwards until recently with the internet.

helliott
June 11th, 2009, 08:07 PM
For me and many others, the seminal book on Jimi is: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky: The Life Of Jimi Hendrix. "From Seattle and his years in the US Army to London in the Sixties, here is the full story - the songs, the concerts, the flaming guitars, the drugs, the booze and the women and, of course, the incredible musical legacy."

Author David Henderson captures Jimi Hendrix’s intense, apocalyptic and ultimately tragic life in a brilliantly researched biography.

In the latest update, Henderson poses many questions about Jimi's life and death, many of which point to his demise as something other than self-induced.
At the same time, in the same book, the author offers numerous verbatim interviews, and you can clearly see Jimi's decline from the early days, including as a pickup player, to his early stardom, to Britain, and then the really ugly stuff. And you can really see his descent. It made me cry a bunch of times, the first time I read an early edition when I was young, and more recently when I read the new update.

I recall that fateful day, when someone called me before school and said he'd gone. It took my copy of the first album to school, and our teacher let us play our Jimi records while we all signed each others' copies.

That copy of Are You Experienced, resides in a very nice frame, with a similarly old but preserved copy of Born To Run, Led Zepplin II and Abbey Road, on the wall of my son's room.

Jimi75
June 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM
For me and many others, the seminal book on Jimi is: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky: The Life Of Jimi Hendrix. "From Seattle and his years in the US Army to London in the Sixties, here is the full story - the songs, the concerts, the flaming guitars, the drugs, the booze and the women and, of course, the incredible musical legacy."

Author David Henderson captures Jimi Hendrix’s intense, apocalyptic and ultimately tragic life in a brilliantly researched biography.

In the latest update, Henderson poses many questions about Jimi's life and death, many of which point to his demise as something other than self-induced.
At the same time, in the same book, the author offers numerous verbatim interviews, and you can clearly see Jimi's decline from the early days, including as a pickup player, to his early stardom, to Britain, and then the really ugly stuff. And you can really see his descent. It made me cry a bunch of times, the first time I read an early edition when I was young, and more recently when I read the new update.

I recall that fateful day, when someone called me before school and said he'd gone. It took my copy of the first album to school, and our teacher let us play our Jimi records while we all signed each others' copies.

That copy of Are You Experienced, resides in a very nice frame, with a similarly old but preserved copy of Born To Run, Led Zepplin II and Abbey Road, on the wall of my son's room.

Thanks or sharing! That was a cool story.