PDA

View Full Version : I Found My Slide

warren0728
August 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I have been trying a lot of different slides lately trying to find one that wows me. The search is over. I picked up a 2 inch Mudslide and i love it. It is shorter than any of the other slides i have tried which i find i like better! (i use it on my pinky so the shorter size seems easier to control). Really smooth sound and the inside is pourus so you keep control even if you are sweating.

Sounds good acoustically and when i plug in.

http://www.moonshineslides.com/mudslide.htm

What is your favorite slide (for you slide players out there)...

ww

Tone2TheBone
August 10th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I got both a brass one and a Coricidin bottle. The brass one sounds better on the Tele and Strat and the bottle sounds better on the acoustic.

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I use a fat Dunlop brass slide, it's thick and heavy. The light, thin ones I find useless.

warren0728
August 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM
i have a really thick glass slide too which is pretty good...and i also have a variety of brass and stainless ones.....i agree with you on the thin slides....yuck. I think one of things i like best about this slide is the way it sits on my finger. Its the first short slide i have used...all the others were longer than my pinky. With this one i can wear it comfortably and still bend my pinkie.

ww

Tim
August 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Warren - I expected you link to be of you demonstrating your new slide. I know you can slide like Eric, but a little sample of the new tool would be great.