PDA

View Full Version : Sterling MusicMan

sumitomo
June 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Those low end Musicman Sterling,look cool the silo20 seem's nice.Has anyone tried one out and if you have what do you think of them? Sumi:D

Spudman
June 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I haven't seen one yet but several guys at the Ernie Ball forum have them and are very happy with the quality, playability and sound.

sumitomo
June 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I think they are worth looking into,still it blows my mind at the quality of the guitars for the money.I happy with the low end Rondo stuff I have(key is to have them setup proper and frets dressed)I also like having different neck styles and shapes,cause to be honest I really dont know of just one that I like.Sumi:D So far I like 'em all some more than others just depends.

Spudman
June 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I'd suggest finding a Musicman dealer in your area and try all the models you can. The Luke neck is different than the JP which is different than the Axis which is different than the AL which is different than the Morse and so on. Find what you really like and then wait for the Sterling model. Story is they will be releasing more models as the first runs sell out and the whole thing catches on.

Part of me would love to have a Sterling Silo but then the real deal 25th Anniversary is totally drool worthy.

If you choose a Sterling I think you'll be happy though.

sumitomo
June 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM
That 25th is a sweet axe,I am glad you posted that because I have always wondered about the chambered bodies?Have you ever played a chambered body and did you like it?ect.Sumi:D

Spudman
June 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I have played chambered bodies and I did like them a lot. The guitars I tried had a little more life and character acoustically than most solid bodies. I haven't tried a 25th yet though because I'm afraid my wallet couldn't handle it.:D