PDA

View Full Version : New video lesson - another Blues Shuffle

Robert
June 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I had created a PDF of this blues shuffle, and I had some time the other day so decided to make a video lesson for it too.

Let me know what you think! :)

BnIV835Zlt0

Jimi75
June 12th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Great job. A nice variation on the typical shuffle.
I like the new angle you use, beause the picking can be clearly seen. Sound is awesome and the tab looks darn cool, too.

The only thing you should consider is getting a more professional surrounding for filming, maybe decorate your basment a little for the videos and get the roller skate cartons out of the way. I think then the quality of your playing and the time you put into these professionally worked out lessons matches with the appearance. But this is only my 0.2 cents, I don't know if this is even your intention.

Robert
June 12th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks Jimi!

sumitomo
June 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Sweet!+1 on what Jimi said on the angle,it is helpful.Sumi:D

street music
June 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Nice lesson Robert!

Robert
June 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys, is it helpful, or too much beginner material?

tjcurtin1
June 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I think that I like the original version that you did of this better - it was more challenging with the muted raking, but I still enjoy working on perfecting it.

Robert
June 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM
So this one is too basic for you, Ted?

sumitomo
June 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Way basic Robert,but thats not a bad thing I always go back to review stuff.Sumi:D

Jimi75
June 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Robert, I'd say it's not too basic for a player who plays maybe 2-3 years. Please bear in mind that your lick sounds like played by a very experienced player and for younger players it is important to hear such a player play easier licks! By te way, when I watch lessons I always watch the easy lessons, too. I learned from your version a new variaton. So I think your lesson has a lot of content, maybe more than you think.

oldguy
June 13th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Robert, I thought you did a great job on the lesson, and no, I don't feel it's too basic. I can still remember trying to learn those "bass line" licks, as we called them, years ago. Seeing the finger position on the strings and having someone go through it as well as you did would have been very helpful.

Good job!:AOK:

street music
June 13th, 2009, 04:16 AM
I agree with oldguy.

Blaze
June 13th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I like the camera angle ,you know i think any good musical interpretation come from solid basics learning ..
Good show Rob , keep on goin..

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Just because it is basic does not mean I can play it well. I like it! I need to keep drilling these basics.

piebaldpython
June 13th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Great lesson Robert. While it may be basic to an expierienced player; these types of lessons have GREAT value; simply because you break it down SO far and SLOWLY that it gives the viewer time to digest what you are doing and most importantly, gives the viewer a golden opportunity to have "AH-HA NOW I SEE" moments.
Be it learning martial arts or the guitar; the most illuminating ideas are often learned during the "simplest" tasks and are therefore better able to be carried over into more difficult exercises.
Keep up the good work.