PDA

View Full Version : Another 22 Year Guy

just strum
June 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Today marks 22 years that my wife and I have been married. I will do a little work patching spots in our driveway and some other odd and end things outside (beautiful day). Later we will go out to eat.

The years seem to zip by. My son is down in Columbus with his buddies. My daughter is taken some college entry exams and it seems like only yesterday they hadn't even entered this world.

Oh, and a Happy Birthday to my friend Yusuf in Philly.

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Congrats Strummy! Maybe she will reward you with letting you buy a new guitar, amp or pedal!? But more likely you need to reward her. ;) I hope you have a really nice anniversary! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
June 13th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Congrats Strummy. If you found a woman who can put up with your sorry a** for 22 years, you better hang on to her with both hands, both feet, and any other body part you can get free.:D

ted s
June 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Congrats to you both Mark !

Childbride
June 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Strummy, congratulations! Happy Anniversary to you both!

:)

piebaldpython
June 13th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats Strum to you and the missus. Twenty-two is certainly a LONG time. While it may not have the "notoriety" of 25 (esp. to women), it's certainly nothing to sneeze at either. Wishing you another 22 happy years of wedded bliss. :D

Jimi75
June 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Congrats! 22 years, wow!

Time starts flying by from the moment on that you have kids. My son turns 7 now and only today my wife asked me "where have these seven years been?".

I wish you a beautiful day and enjoy the meal :-)

We also go to a restaurant every year on our wedding anniversary.

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Congrats! 22 years, wow!

Time starts flying by from the moment on that you have kids. My son turns 7 now and only today my wife asked me "where have these seven years been?".

We have been living in SV for about 11 years now, and my oldest son, who was 6 mo. when we moved here, is now closing in on twelve. Repeatedly, the lyric comes into my mind: "And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you . . ." We did not miss the starting gun and have had a lot of great family life out here in the country, but as we added two more kids, and began raising them, those years have gone by quickly. I am constantly reminding myself to appreciate the "now" at least a few times each day.

Strummy, though I am sure those 22 years have flown, I hope you have had good ones, and many more to come. :AOK:

street music
June 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Congrats to the wife Strummy, she must be one heck of a woman.

just strum
June 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Well, my wife and I spent a lot of time outside today. She working with planting flowers and me patching the drive. By the time we started about eating, we were pretty wiped out. So, we decided on a casual place.

We ended up at a chain called Texas Roadhouse. It wasn't by design, but we ended up sitting in Willie's Corner. It was named for the table Willie sits at when he comes to the restaurant (an event they say has happened a few times). The waitress told me if Willie comes in, you have to move to another table. I told the waitress if Willie comes in he will have to sit with us or find another table. I'm not sure if every Texas Roadhouse has a Willie's Corner, but it is an amusing place to sit. A lot of pics from his early childhood up to now. The table has signed picks embedded in it and people have taken the time to carve some of them out.

Now it's time to play some guitar.

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments.

Blaze
June 13th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Congrats to both of you !

JrcYPTRcSX0&feature

Kazz
June 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Congrats to you Mark...and my sympathy to Mrs. Strum

evenkeel
June 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Congrats Strum. :bravo:

wingsdad
June 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary :beer: , and wishing you many more, amigo :)

Monkus
June 16th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Congrats Strum...

In this era of 3 month marriages, you must be an example to some in your community! may you have many many more ! *now where did I put that violin* :bravo: