PDA

View Full Version : Gold Top Blues clip - dynamics

Jimi75
June 14th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Hey folks,
I did my first test recording with the Gold Top to show the dynamic controle with the volume poti.

I used the middle postion only (neck volume on 2), started with bridge volume on 4, then on 6, then 9-10.

For recording I used Line6 Gearbox software, Bassman59 model, slight volume and drive boost with the RAT model which is on all the time, box model 4x12 Greenback 25. This comes as close as possible to my rehearsal room sound.

For those who wanna play more disciplined than I do, try to catch the following target notes in the end of your runs over the chords.
F# Blues: F# --> Bb ; B --> Eb; C# --> B or C#

I hope you like the clip.
http://www.box.net/shared/kp09zu3gyn

Jimi75
:beer:

Blaze
June 14th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Great stuff Jimi ,cool licks, i love that Lp tone :drool: ..

Obviously i & we re expecting a Marshall clip in the futur to get a complete taste of that tone from your skilful playin ..

:bravo: :master: :bravo:

tot_Ou_tard
June 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Very sweet Jimi!

Makes me want one ;).

just strum
June 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Very nice sounding and playing.

I'm not an LP guy, well maybe I should say - "I wasn't an LP guy"

Note to self: add LP to list

tjcurtin1
June 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Wow, that's nice Jimi = I just realized that it's run through at least 4 times while I was reading posts - and I enjoyed every minute. Great sound and playing.

Spudman
June 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Do you know the pot values on your guitar? Your clips sounds brighter than anything I get with my LPs. I'm thinking I need to change something. Anyway, I like the sounds you get with that axe. It sounds fairly versatile. Thanks for putting up the clip.

piebaldpython
June 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, that sounds real sweet Jimi. You make that LP cry real nice. Definite MOOD music for slow dancin', for sure! :AOK:

Jimi75
June 15th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Do you know the pot values on your guitar? Your clips sounds brighter than anything I get with my LPs. I'm thinking I need to change something. Anyway, I like the sounds you get with that axe. It sounds fairly versatile. Thanks for putting up the clip.

Spud, it was a lot of tweaking with the software and with the real amph in the rehearsalroom. I decided to get my main sound from the middle position, so I tweaked the amp to sound bright enough for the middle pos. I can easily switch to the bridge pu where the tone pot is on about 6. It took me some hours to get that system work for me, but the result is exactly to the point what I was looking for. I made plans to change the pots, but for now I am quite satisfied.

Anyways, vol = 300k, tone = 500k
The setting was:
neck vol: 2
neck tone: 10
bridge vol: varied, see above
bridge tone: 6

Jimi75
June 15th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Thanks for your nice comments folks! I loved to thear that the clip had a few run throughs.

Lev
June 15th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Very nice tone and licks Jimi! Have you had a chance to gig with the new GT yet?

Jimi75
June 15th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Very nice tone and licks Jimi! Have you had a chance to gig with the new GT yet?

Our next gig on 21.06.09 has been cancelled unfortunately, but I guess that this guitar does a brilliant job at gigs. The rehearsals with the GT are awesome already. I have never thought of the LP as such a versatile weapon.

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Nice sounds Jimi! I like your phrases and licks very much, and the tone is just great!

bigG
June 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Outstanding, Jimi! Has what I call that "woozey bluesy" sound: the tempo, the woozey bends and vibrato, and the short, sharp staccato stabs. Great demo of your talent and the LP! :bravo:

Jimi75
June 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Outstanding, Jimi! Has what I call that "woozey bluesy" sound: the tempo, the woozey bends and vibrato, and the short, sharp staccato stabs. Great demo of your talent and the LP! :bravo:

Thank you very much! :AOK: