PDA

View Full Version : one of the best kept secrets.

Cottonwood King
June 15th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I don't know how much you guys like ambient/piano rock, but if you like tasteful guitar riffs (these guys use ebows, etc) and amazing vocals, check out weaver at the loom. They are an indie (the real kind of indie, unsigned haha) band out of Minnesota:

http://www.myspace.com/weaverattheloom

enjoy, I know you will!:bravo:

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I like these guys. It always sounds to me that bands that sound like this (Coldplay, The Fray etc.) combine the ambient piano with U2/edge like guitar lines and effects. I guess to the extent Coldplay is an influence, it makes sense, as they list U2 as a big influence. Sometimes I really enjoy music that sounds like this. I kinda consider it "Gray's Anatomy" soundtrack sounds, but that is just because that was the way I was exposed to it. Thanks for the heads up!

ragnarpk
June 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
they're really good... i love Without Fear of Their Return. its amazing..

Cottonwood King
June 17th, 2009, 09:18 PM
they're really good... i love Without Fear of Their Return. its amazing..

Yea, really good band. They're going to be recording their full length album soon (from what I heard). I talked with a friend of the band at a potluck tonight and heard they are back in Minnesota and doing well. At one point their van broke down in the middle of Louisiana and they had no money to fix it, so they were living out of a garage for a bit while a guy fixed the problem.

The life of a touring musician, I guess.