PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Amp Day

tunghaichuan
June 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I still can't believe it.

I scored a Gallien Krueger 250ML Series II amp today for $50. Yes, fitty.

The guy I bought it from is a room mate of one of my co-workers. My wife and I went to her birthday party yesterday which was in a park near where the three of them live. We went to the house last night. My co-worker's room mates (a married couple) are moving to Panama and selling everything that they own. She mentioned that Dan, the husband, was a guitar player, which I did not know. In fact, he is a very good guitar player. He has a degree in guitar performance and used to play in a touring band.

Anyhoo, my co-worker told me Dan was selling his guitars. I went to look and there was the GK sitting there. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and he said $25. :eek: I couldn't believe it. I would have felt bad about getting it for $25, so I offered him $50. There is a problem with it, so I don't feel too bad about getting it cheap. I'm going to have to take it to a GK service center to have them look it over and repair it, which could be very expensive. Anyway, flimsy rationalization in process, I know. :D At the very least I took it off his hands as he didn't want to take it to Panama with him.

This is the third 250ML I've had. I had one in the 80s and sold it, one in the 90s and sold it. I'm going to have this one fixed and keep it.

Interestingly enough, he was selling a Washburn acoustic/electric for $300. He also had a Lotus acoustic and a Washburn shredder guitar, complete with Floyd Rose trem, circa mid 80s. I was interested in the shredder guitar until he said he wanted $700 for it. :confused: He said he paid $1200 or so for it back in the 80s.

It was interesting to see how he perceived the value of his gear.

tung

Robert
June 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Sweet, killa deal!

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Congrats Tung!

bigG
June 15th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Nice score there, tung! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
June 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Fiddy! Score!

Congrats.

Spudman
June 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM
You dog! That's a killer score. Don't ya love the 80s chorus? That amph into a 4x12 rocks!:dude: