PDA

View Full Version : What is the most disgusting?

Robert
June 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Let's hear it!

McDonalds
Wendy's
KFC
Burger King
Taco Bell
Other (mention what in your reply)

marnold
June 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I took the last option :)

ted s
June 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I don't mind Wendy's, but avoid the others.

mrmudcat
June 15th, 2009, 02:37 PM
taco bell

no telling how many domestic animals I save a year by not eating there:thwap:

Id rather eat the dog food we give the mutts ........eight is enough dick van patten brand natural balance :rockon:

Robert
June 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
KFC is the worst... we call it "Dirty Chicken" around here... ;)

Jimi75
June 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I love Burger King! I absolutely dislike KFC.

Rocket
June 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
(How about an "all of the above" option?)

Remember when actual food matter was obtainable from actual food sources? Those were the days!

Robert
June 15th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Your wish has been granted.

(How about an "all of the above" option?)

Remember when actual food matter was obtainable from actual food sources? Those were the days!

I took the last option :)
Marnold - you chicken! You must be a KFC fan... ;)

street music
June 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
You left out LONG JOHN SILVER"S- great for raw fish lovers. Taco Bell is just not a great place in our area.

Spudman
June 15th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Watch Super Size Me and then you tell me. I voted McDonald's because they target kids with their playgrounds.

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I voted McDonalds, because it doesn't even seem like they are trying to make it look like actual food. Most of the others are just about as bad. My brother used to work at KFC as a teen, and developed the worst acne while working there. It cleared up as he quit. Could be a coincidence, but none of the rest of us had bad acne, and it coincided only with the job. I used to love the taste as a kid though.

Rocket
June 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Watch Super Size Me and then you tell me.
Watch "Fast Food Nation" sometime:

zc_z623Wsro

Childbride
June 15th, 2009, 08:46 PM
when i was in undergrad, i had a brief stint working a multitude of jobs, including taco bueno [kinda like taco bell] and pizza hut.

blechh.

sodium, fat, human byproducts put into the food...

no thank you. we're whole wheat olive oil kind of people here. i kinda want to live to see what happens now, life got interesting when i met shiner. ;)

i won't lie, and say that we don't eat schlotzky's and mc'd's in the airports when we travel,

but at home we try to keep it at subway as far as chain food.

[edit: liar, liar, i forgot about the mexican food. we are horrible suckers for good, greasy mexican food, and eat it at lunch mon and fri. has to be good tex mex twice a week or i climb the walls. :D :D :D ]

duhvoodooman
June 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
White Castle "sliders". Complete grease-bombs. The express train to atheroschlerosis....

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
White Castle "sliders". Complete grease-bombs. The express train to atheroschlerosis....

I have never had a White Castle burger, but know of them from Smithereens songs. I do not love the above burger joints, and we do not eat red meat anyway in our house. But once in a while, I love to get a good, old fashioned burger fix. Then I like old school places. Here are two of my favs:

Dick's in Seattle: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lcjPofDCFb4LWeviUqsKCA?select=9RgjcgiAveG4-fMGsGnpGQ

Frisko Freeze in Tacoma: http://www.tacomadailyindex.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=88&cat=23&id=1271575&more=1

A&W used to be all right, but now it seems about the same as the other chains. Bleh.

bigG
June 16th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Man, I used to live on that stuff, morning, noon and night. When I was an electrician/contractor, it was work, work, work and stop on the road at the drive=up window when you had a chance, get it to go, and eat while driving to the next job...

Haven't touched any of it since the late 90s. I'll have a delicious Subway $5 footlong every once in a while. Great subs!

The ABSOLUTE worst is Checkers in my book! Although they might be a regional outfit since no one else has mentioned them. Horrid stuff! So I guess my vote is "other".

sumitomo
June 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM
After having a kidney removed 2 yrs ago,I learned about foods.It is real hard to eat good in this country and sometimes when I'm in a rush or traveling I have to plug the gut or suffer with dizzyness and I pay for it that food makes me feel sick and lazy the next day.Sumi:D