PDA

View Full Version : Parkers Guitars love them or hate them?

MAXIFUNK
June 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I was just wondering does anyone own one or played one.
And if so what did you think of that axe. Just mostly curious about the brand i.e. quality, sound, tone, playability.

sumitomo
June 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I have a Parker p-36,which is their low end stuff with the bolt on necks,they are alright,but Rondos SX models are a better bang for the buck.Now Parkers high end models,I can't say I have never played one.Sumi:D

Spudman
June 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'd love to have a Parker Fly Supreme. Kind of my be all end all guitar.

Jimi75
June 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Played a Parker Nitefly once at a gig and it is a great guitar.

tot_Ou_tard
June 17th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I'll take one if you're offering. ;)

hubberjub
June 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I've always liked Parker guitars. They look kind of funny but they are very comfortable to play. The US models are very well made and my friend just bought a P-44 that seems like a great value.

MAXIFUNK
July 13th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I have a Parker p-36,which is their low end stuff with the bolt on necks,they are alright,but Rondos SX models are a better bang for the buck.Now Parkers high end models,I can't say I have never played one.Sumi:D

Do you LOVE your P-36 or is it just a ok axe to you?
Also, knowing what you know now about the P-36 would you buy the P-36 now?

Only asking because it happens to be on my GAS List. LOL

Maxi

sumitomo
July 13th, 2009, 05:05 PM
To me it is just alright,the piezo bridge is cool,the neck is small and their are other guitars out there for half the price that are just as good if not better.Sumi:D

jazzrat
September 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I've had several and this is the best one.
An '02 Custom shop Classic Hardtail with factory Duncans.
Killer guitar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/jazzrat/FLY%20HARDTAIL/fly003.jpg

MAXIFUNK
September 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
I've had several and this is the best one.
An '02 Custom shop Classic Hardtail with factory Duncans.
Killer guitar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/jazzrat/FLY%20HARDTAIL/fly003.jpg

Nice ax the red just jumps off the guitar.

sunvalleylaw
September 2nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
I think I would like that one . . .

Spudman
September 2nd, 2009, 07:08 PM
What a beauty. That's my dream guitar.:drool:

EnglishJW
January 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM
I've always liked Parker guitars. They look kind of funny but they are very comfortable to play. The US models are very well made and my friend just bought a P-44 that seems like a great value.

I feel the same way about the looks.

steevc
January 22nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
I like the idea of Parker guitars, but have never played one. I like to see companies moving guitar technology along instead of just building clones of 50 year old designs. I was considering getting a Tele-type axe, but would like to try the P36 as an alternative.

With my budget I could only consider their budget models and I know they don't include the exotic materials.

Some players I admire such as Adrian Belew and Vernon Reid seem to like them.

I really ought to find some I can try out. I'm not sure the local guitar shops carry them.

hubberjub
January 22nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
You'll be blown away by how light they are.

kidsmoke
January 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
like other brands, there is a big difference between the import entry level models and the custom shop models.

Parkers and Washburns are built in the same US Custom Shop, which is run by Terry Atkins, who came up in Gibsons Nashville plant . One shop owner I know feels that shop produces the finest custom guitars made in America(not including boutique stuff, we're talkin' name brands), on a par with PRS and far better than Fender or Gibson.

Those Nitefly's are amazing. I messed around with a friends once. SUPER lite, thin neck. NOT cheap though. I was also considering a P36 as an cheap alternative to a MIM tele.

kidsmoke
January 22nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
These are Nitefly's in production. They are neckthrough, and because they are so thin, the entire backside is "skinned" in carbon fiber for strength. One sheet runs from headstock to strap pin. Pretty cool.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/tiokimo/parkerline.jpg

and the finished product. HIGH on my "lust list"

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/tiokimo/nitefly.jpg

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2010, 09:31 AM
I am looking again, and I do like them, esp. the overall body design. To be nitpicky, I don't like that big black bridge piece that much. I think it should be slimmed down or reduced. It looks too much like the overly big black bumpers that were on all the sporty cars of the 80s. Doesn't fit with the nice overall design in my opinion. The concept, and the materials sound cool though. I would have to play around and see if I got along with that cluster of controls too. Seems kinda crunched together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/jazzrat/FLY%20HARDTAIL/fly003.jpg[/QUOTE]

sumitomo
January 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Guys the p-36 is not a light guitar,it is wood the nut is 1 5/8 (to me a small neck) I gave mine to my 9 yr old so she can learn.I have fun with it now and then.It's what shall I say middle of the road.Sumi:S

iohanr
February 10th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Guys the p-36 is not a light guitar,it is wood the nut is 1 5/8 (to me a small neck) I gave mine to my 9 yr old so she can learn.I have fun with it now and then.It's what shall I say middle of the road.Sumi:S

Would you say the P-36 is a good value at $329? It seems to be going for that amount on ebay...

I am intrigued by it's acoustic piezo pickups... I can think of quite a few songs where it would come in handy to be able to switch from acoustic sound to electric.

The P-44 seems to be at least twice as expensive...

sumitomo
February 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM
It's alittle bit better than my 150.00 dollar SX strat and nowhere close to my 350.00 dollar Fender CV squire Tele. I do like the blend with the piezo pupu from time to time.Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
February 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM
What about these beauts?

http://www.kenparkerarchtops.com/