PDA

View Full Version : Bsiab 2 Otw

Kazz
June 16th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I checked ebay the other day for the Brown Sound In A Box 2 pedal and found one at a very low price....checked the guys feedback and decided to watch the pedal for a couple of days...He was asking 7 bucks shipping so I put out a 40.00 max bid thinking for 60 I could build one myself....as luck would have it...I won.

The finish on the enclosure is not great by any means but the feedback on his other self built pedals was very good as well as everything else he has sold so I bit the bullet and took a chance.

I will test it out and see what happens....and if it seems like it will give me what I am looking for then I will go down the path of finishing it properly.....for the Brown Sound...I am thinking something like a UPS scheme LOL....or I guess that bright red with overdone white stripes ala Edward Van Halen might work too.

Thoughts?

Spudman
June 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
That sounds like a reasonable price. Good job.

How about covering it in brown paper and string?:D

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. My own BSIAB2 has pluses and minuses:

Lots of gain on tap & very convincing "Marshall in a box" tone
Quite noisy; I find that running it with a noise gate pedal is pretty much required

Kazz
June 18th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Marshall in a box is exactly what I am after....I really like the sound of my classic 30 clean.....I love the sound of the classic 30 clean with the bad monkey kicked in....but I crave that classic rock Marshall tone.

The only good finish idea I have come up with so far is to paint it the familiar UPS brown and then have the EVH stripes airbrushed on to make them look like twine on a package :-)

Kazz
June 20th, 2009, 06:17 AM
The BSIAB II should be here today....I am giddy :-)